Railroad Forums 

• Hanover, MD

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#1031073  by RockGp40

So, I was looking through Google maps and see covered hoppers spotted at Berry Plastics near Candlewood Road in Anne Arundel County. I have no idea when the satellite photo was taken, so I am curious if anybody gets back in there to see if they still use rail service. I haven't walked those rails in years and thought the whole industrial park ceased to use rail service.

If they still do get cars, when is it switched, at night? I know the Dorsey Industrial Track gets switched by the D780 as needed, but this move would be off of the NEC.
 #1033468  by PKelly

This is just up the road from me @ work...don't know how recent the pic of the hoppers but I'll swing by and check out the area. Yea, I've only seen the NEC switched at night...
 #1034093  by ConrailMcf

They recieve regular service by NS, looks like about 3 cars at a time usually. Not sure at what times, I'd like to know that myself. There is usually a worker fiddling around with the unloading hoses. I don't know if they care if you take pictures there, not that it would stop me either way.