Railroad Forums 

• Handy website for mapping

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#336559  by Nukengineer

I came across a new website with arial views of earth (and Mars). it is at worldwind.arc.nasa.gov. It is alot like google earth (a bit slower), but it has (in general) higher resolution over much more of the country. (ie. It has a very clear view of the railyard at Saratoga springs NY and a clearer view of Tahawus than google earth.) Some areas arent as well covered resolution wise as google, but it has other useful features such as topographic map overlays, multiple layers of maps and pictures (I havent fully explored) and the ability to plot earth quakes and other items (huricanes, fires...) It even will put the current cloud cover over the map.
The dates of the pictures vary, but based on the landmarks I saw, the digital photo part is roughly 6 years old (2000).