Railroad Forums 

• Haines station on the C&F Branch

• Discussion of the CNJ (aka the Jersey Central) and predecessors Elizabethtown and Somerville, and Somerville and Easton, for the period 1831 to its inclusion in ConRail in 1976. The historical society site is here: http://www.jcrhs.org/
Discussion of the CNJ (aka the Jersey Central) and predecessors Elizabethtown and Somerville, and Somerville and Easton, for the period 1831 to its inclusion in ConRail in 1976. The historical society site is here: http://www.jcrhs.org/

Moderator: CAR_FLOATER

#376123  by lvrr353

Not sure what station they are refering to, but the last C&F station left was Chapmans, and that was torn down in the 80's IIRC. Trexlertown is also long gone, I have seen old postcards of it.

#509878  by rwk

I know where this station is, it's across from the Wawa on 100. It's old and dilapidated, and it looks like a freight station. Who knows how long it will be there, since the rest of the land is empty and could be for sale. I live on Schantz Rd. Apparently there was a branch line that went past this station crossing 100 (if 100 was there back then) to somewhere west of Fogelsville. The branch crossing 100 now goes to the former brewery, Nestle, etc.

Re:

#586714  by JRPfeiff

lvrr353 wrote:Trexlertown is also long gone...
Trexlertown is actually still there. It is across the street from the Ace Hardware about 200 yards north of the intersection of Trexlertown Road (nee Rte 100) and Route 222.
rwk wrote:...it's across from the Wawa on 100.
Is THAT Haines station? I thought that building was just part of the farm complex that was there until 10 or 15 years ago when PennDOT re-worked the Schantz Road intrersection. Isn't that building on the south west corner?

--Jim
 #800688  by frankgaron2

Wait - am I seeing this right? You're saying Trexlertown station is the dark green, two story building that Mazzolas II Pizza is in???

Frank
 #807768  by bigpistol

I took a ride out to the Haines Staion and here are a few Pics.
Front
Back
TracK Side
Track Side with some Ties still there.
Track Side, You can make out some Ties on the ground and still in place.
 #807816  by frankgaron2

In a word - "Wow". Amazing that there are still ties there.

I live a mile away and never bothered to get out & hoof around it. I'm there this week!

BTW - if any of you local guys ever want to get together for a slide show or bull session, I'd be happy to.
I'm right in Breinigsville, just west of Trexlertown.
 #807872  by bigpistol

BTW - if any of you local guys ever want to get together for a slide show or bull session, I'd be happy to.
I'm right in Breinigsville, just west of Trexlertown.[/quote]

Not to change the subject, I would go for a photo session.
 #808280  by MrBill

Nice find! Here's a shot for comparison with the 3rd picture above. Glad you guys got some pics before it's gone. We can only hope.