• Hagerstown sightings

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
  by mu26aeh

While on my water route this morning, caught a mixed freight coming into Hagerstown from the northwest line(don't know the line) and first three cars were flats with 3 Rhode Island metro/subway cars tied down. Anyone know what was being done with them, where they are going??

by brunswickrailfan

That'd be the NS Lurgan Branch from Harrisburg and the train would most likely be 37Q. I've seen 'em befre with those same subway cars

by mu26aeh

I see you are from Brunswick, MD. I am down there once a month delivering water. I love that town, probably couldn't live there, but love visiting there.

by NsNscalerailfaN

Yup....I've spotted those cars on two occasions....Once recently.....I forgot the specifics. I think it was 37Q.....

Mu26aeh.....I remember you talking about your N gauge Hanover Sub. layout....How's it coming???? I'm working on a neighboring line- NS from Maugansville to Greencastle in N.... I actually have a pretty accurate model of the cement plant in Security on my layout that was on my freelanced layout....It has since been taken off the layout.....
  by Conehead 94'

The train they come down on is the 15T out of Allentown and they are bound for Mexico. Nifty NAFTA. There are a lot more coming also.

by mu26aeh

plenty of action in Brunswick, MD today. did see one horsehead amongst the motive power today, but rest was CSX. few coal unit drag waiting to head out along with two mixed freights heading northwest, lots of flat steel sheets on bulkheads. also plenty of work for the yard crews.