Railroad Forums 

• GVT Acquires "NKP 190" from Doyle McCormack

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#1617269  by Jeff Smith

The locomotive was built for Santa Fe and sold to D&H in 1967, where it was used to power passenger trains between Albany and Montreal, as well as excursions across the system. In 1977, the Alcos had a brief stint in commuter service in Boston for Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority before being shipped to Mexico in 1978. The PAs were used in Mexico for a few years but were eventually retired. Two of the PAs remain south of the border in museums.
 #1620525  by yankeeskid1974

New member here, lifelong railroader, now retired. Does Genesee Valley Transportation plan on creating an Instagram account, Twitter account, or anything else for this engine? I hear it is being moved across the country. Big event, seems like it would have some sort of social media. Tried to find it on social media without luck. My grandson and his friends are asking. They want to know if there is anything they can use to track it online on social media. Sorry for the question. This is my first post here.