Railroad Forums 

• Guilford track laborer positions

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#91603  by slotcanyoneer

Does anyone know when Guilford starts hiring trackmen? I assume it's when spring comes but if anyone knows any time more specific could they let me know. I was training as a conductor for Guilford but I quit during the on-the-job training because I just didn't think it was for me, but I'm kind of kicking myself for it now as it was the best paying job that I have ever had. So, I'm hoping maybe the track crew might be more my speed. Do they usually post openings on the web site? Any info would help. Thanks.
:wink: still hoping for a career in the rr
 #91946  by eddiebear

You better change your name. If you got accepted to a class and then dropped out, they will probably not be eager to enroll again to learn some other trade.
Your best bet would be to look for open positions of the same kind at Amtrak in Eastern Mass. and RI or Mass Bay Commuter Railroad.

#92042  by mick

Find out who your Local Chairman for the UTU
Last edited by mick on Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

#92395  by slotcanyoneer

Actually the guy in charge of hiring me called me after I quit the job and said he wanted to talk to me. So I went down to N. Billerica. He asked if I was interested in being a trackman, I said yes, and he said to come back in the spring. I was just wondering if anyone had any info on when in the spring to apply, maybe an employee of GRS might be familiar when they hire track laborers.
 #154347  by wired_one1

I here through the grape vine they already hired 5-10 people, looking for more!!

#154434  by MikeB

What type of schedule could a track laborer for Guilford expect to work?