Railroad Forums 

• grrrrrrrr, New Topics since your last visit

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#361319  by RussNelson

grrrrrrrr, 'New Topics since your last visit' drives me buggers! Once you visit that url, you MUST visit those articles, because they will never be presented to you as new again. If your browser crashes, they will not be presented as new even if you immediately you revisit it.

UPDATE: actually it says 'View posts since last visit'.
Last edited by RussNelson on Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

#361327  by ExEMDLOCOTester

Isn't Technology Wonderful !

#364467  by GOLDEN-ARM

Mine's not crashing, but after viewing a few topics, suddenly, all of the remaining "unread" forums and posts vanish, without a trace of yellow to be seen, anywhere. Additionally, if I make a posting, the "unread posts" feature also vanishes, along with the yellow flagging. It reduces me to searching, by reading the dates on all forums, and the posts inside, to find what's new, since last visit. Not sure why this happens, but the yellow is gone, and missed, as well......... :(

#364533  by CIOR

Mike Roque wrote:Well, yes. If your browser is crashing, isn't that the real problem...?
Do you really need me to tell you the REAL problem?

#364779  by ExEMDLOCOTester

If your Browser crashes

OR

You exit,,,,,,, the result is the same

You begin Over !!!

If you have mulitple RR.net windows open and you close one....

You begin Over !!!

Suggestion .....

Don't exit !!!!

#364831  by keeper1616

What I do - with no problems

1) log into railroad.net/forums
2) open each forum I want to read in a new tab (apple-click or click on the scroll wheel) (it works on PCs too - try it)
3) visit each tab and open each new topic I choose to read in new tab
4) close tabs when done reading