Train service cam e to Greenwich in 1869 with the construction of the Greenwich and Johnsonville Railroad.
In 1895 the Greenwich and Schuylerville Electric Railroad was established. It was later absorbed by the Hudson Valley Railroad. It provided trolley transportation from the Capital District to Warrensburg. Trolleys continued to run from Greenwich to Thomson until 1928 when the tracks near Clarks Mills were washed out in a flood.
Two different rail lines. The bridge of the trolley line crossed the Batten Kill approx here N 43.10428 W 73.53684 just below where the dam is now.
Bring back the Slumbercoaches!!