Railroad Forums 

• Greenberg Train show April 2-3 in MA

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#112989  by mbtasucks

Hello ~!
I'm looking for someone driving to the show this weekend in Wilmington. I live in Cambridge and WOULD LOVE TO GO and split gas and pay for your lunch! I can go anytime Saturday or Sunday. I don't have a car, and the commuter rail doesn't go far enough soooooo I don't think I'll make it unless you call me!

Sincerely, Aaron in Cambridge

cell. 805.234.6485

#113208  by CSX Conductor

Sorry MBTA, but Nells already has a boyfriend, LOL. :P

Hey Nells, did you go yet? I thought about going this year, but someone told me that there isn't that much too see.

#113690  by Stephen

Nells,
Thanks for the heads up.

CSX Conductor,
If you went to the show in Springfield, there was no need to go to this show. As I missed the Springfield show, this helped me get my model train show 'fix'.
There were a few good booths, but there were also more than a few non-railroad related booths: toys, action figures, even a doll house booth.

- Stephen

#113930  by NellsChoo

We went on Saturday. The layouts tend not to change, but there are a lot of vendors. I picked up a NS engine for cheap.... well, $40 instead of $74... and a few bits of rolling stock. Oh, and one B&M video.

We figured the rain would scare people off, but the place was packed!

#114896  by Xplorer2000

I went on saturday...not bad, got a few deals wish they had one over the summer, instead of waiting til Xmas-time when I can't get off work.

#114919  by Stephen

Xplorer2000
...wish they had one over the summer, instead of waiting til Xmas-time when I can't get off work.
According to the website that NellsChoo links to above, the show will be back in Wilmington both August 27-28 AND December 17-18.

- Stephen

#115087  by CSX Conductor

NellsChoo wrote:We figured the rain would scare people off
Usually the opposite, especially when dealing with children shows like these are a good inside activity to do and get the kids out of the house for a while. :-)

#116580  by NellsChoo

I guess that makes sence. Also, if mom or dad wants to go to the show, they ARE GOING TO THE SHOW!!

:wink: