Railroad Forums 

• Green over Green on the B&M

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#1245013  by Rockingham Racer

This doesn't relate to the B&M. but Metro North had green-over-green on their former New York Central commuter divisions. I don't remember if it was a former New Haven RR thing or not.
 #1245248  by ExCon90

See my initial post of November 5. Green-over-green was introduced by the NYC, but I don't believe I ever saw it in a New Haven rulebook. With blocks only a half-mile long on the Harlem the NYC needed 5 aspects at half-mile intervals to bring a train to a normal service stop.
 #1252739  by newpylong

Engineer Spike wrote:The BK is a power switch within CPF 448. A restricting indication appears when lined for the BK. The staggered signal approaching 448 is approach for us, but I can ask some B&M friends if I think of it.

East Buskirk distant for Eagle Bridge shows clear for 2 track, then approach medium at interlocking if lined out the other end. Distant is Approach Medium if lined for 1 track and clear if lined out other end. The main are weird in that the diverging route is the 1 track at Eagle Bridge but it is the 2 track at Hoosick Junction at the other end. Though I guess Noonans to Ferry St is also the same, but those signals don't even talk to each other for some reason.
 #1253126  by pnolette

As I remember,up till sometime in the 90's,all the approach signals from Portland to Lowell Jct. showed the green over green aspect.