Railroad Forums 

• Grand Rapids

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#300729  by esprrfan

Anything of interest to see here in Napoleon as far as current operations?

I did drive by Grand Rapids last weekend and seen the NKP caboose and a small steamer not too far from the old river bridge where the bluebird used to cross the river IIRC. Also farther south I seen a CR (PRR) caboose off in the woods off a private crossing.

#300897  by railohio

The Maumee & Western runs to Napoleon from Defiance in the morning, usually on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I would assume then that the other end of the line is operated Tuesday, Thursday, and maybe Saturday. If the crew doesn't make it back to Defiance before their hours of service are up then they will usually tie it down on the main somewhere out in the country and bring it in the next day.

In Grand Rapids there is more equipment parked at the north end of the bridge in the grain elevator's siding. Also, the road down by the Conrail caboose is public so you shouldn't have any problem going down there to see that equipment.