Railroad Forums 

• Grafton & Upton Railroad (G&U) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1578772  by bostontrainguy

G&U says: “Closing the grade crossings will also eliminate a risk of injury to pedestrians . . . More frequent trains at the location of the crossing would pose an increased risk of injury to pedestrians trying to cross the track.”

Sounds like a good argument to close the entire railroad :)
 #1578786  by SkiScorcher88

Caught these 2 units rolling through the center of Grafton on Tuesday morning 8/17. Must've been doing a test run. They weren't pulling/pushing any cars.
Attachments:
IMG_3597 2.jpeg
IMG_3597 2.jpeg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 3386 times
 #1578853  by MaineCoonCat

bostontrainguy wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:46 am G&U says: “Closing the grade crossings will also eliminate a risk of injury to pedestrians . . . More frequent trains at the location of the crossing would pose an increased risk of injury to pedestrians trying to cross the track.”
I'm shaking my head so hard my neck hurts..
 #1579002  by johnpbarlow

I was told by someone on the G&U Facebook page that these Grand River Railway covered hoppers as well as Dana Rail Services covered hopers are used to haul the glass cullet out of Hopedale. Good to see that G&U is developing some repeatable outbound load business to add to their mostly inbound loads operations.
Attachments:
GRR Covered Hopper Hopedale 082521.jpg
GRR Covered Hopper Hopedale 082521.jpg (183.85 KiB) Viewed 2793 times
 #1579559  by SkiScorcher88

We haven't had that much rain as the news would lead some to believe (save for a deluge a few days before Hurricane Henri swept thru the area uneventfully). I doubt they've had any damage.
Last edited by MEC407 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1579572  by BandA

Ton of rain overnight. Flood warnings (minor or moderate) for some rivers. Ponding. As I heard on the news this morning, all the usual areas flooded, some areas that don't usually flood did too. But this is New England and weather is to be expected.