Railroad Forums 

• ( GRAB A CAMERA!!!)

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#235020  by Tri-State Tom

#20 HAS JUST SHOVED WHAT LOOKS LIKE 20-22 ORE/HOPPER CARS UP THE HILL AT MORRISTOWN....LOOKS LIKE THIS LONG TRAIN IS AWAITING CLEARANCE AT BAKER TO HEAD EAST....

I'LL GET BACK WITH MORE INFO....
Last edited by Tri-State Tom on Fri May 18, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

#235021  by njt4172

Tom,

Is he still in Morristown?? If so I wanna go catch him if he goes east towards Covent!

Thanks,
Steve

#235022  by Tri-State Tom

ENTERING BAKER NOW....25 ORE/HOPPERS PLUS #20 AND #18....ABOUT TO HEAD EAST NOW STEVE

#235023  by Tri-State Tom

here they come steve - GET A PHOTO !!!!

#235025  by Tri-State Tom

STEVE - HOLD IT !

LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE SHOVING THE TRAIN INTO THE MU YARD SIDING !

WHAT A SMOKING IT UP SHOW PUT ON BY THE ENGINES !!!!

#235030  by Tri-State Tom

RECAP -

Largest freight train move I've seen on the M&E in several years. M&E #'s 20 and 18 came west on the Whippany line shoving 25 of those ore/hopper cars into Morristown. Another engine assisted on the point, but couldn't tell which one. This unit cut-off and entered the M&E's yard and was parked.

20 and 18 then shoved the train up the hill to BAKER to await clearance/the signal. Train came out, cleared the switches and paused to the west of MLK and then got the signal to head east. Took the crossover from track #1 to track #2 but then slowed and stopped in the station. Then reversed west and took the MU yard siding where it is now siting.

Two NJT revenue moves have just passed east and west so we'll see what happens next....
Last edited by Tri-State Tom on Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#235033  by Tri-State Tom

I'm at a distance but that 3rd engine is now moving around the yard.

It might be the MAINE EASTERN GP9 or one of the NS units....tree line blocking a clear view - sorry.

O.K., 20 and 18 have just uncoupled from the train and are now negotiating BAKER light and appear to be returning to the M&E yard.

#235036  by Tri-State Tom

That other unit is indeed one of the red Alcos ( # 19 ? ) and has just pulled M&E's ex-Louisville & Nashville biz car out of the yard and back for repositioning.

#20 and #18 waiting on the hill for these moves to conclude.

WHAT A BUSY DAY, EH ?

#235037  by Tri-State Tom

BTW, all of the hoppers appear to be empties.

Where did these 25 hoppers come from ? NJT ? And WHERE has the M&E been storing/using them up until today ?

Is a MAJOR bit of track/ballast work been underway on the Whippany line ?

#235045  by njt4172

Tri-State Tom wrote:BTW, all of the hoppers appear to be empties.

Where did these 25 hoppers come from ? NJT ? And WHERE has the M&E been storing/using them up until today ?

Is a MAJOR bit of track/ballast work been underway on the Whippany line ?
Tom,

I just got back from Morristown! I was able to get some photos of the M&E 18 under the NJT signal bridge from the eastbound end of the platform. I will post them when I can get around to it..

Word is that there will be a big ballast train next Monday! I don't know where they will be headed however!
Too bad I missed the 25 car train on the Whippany line! And yes, that had to be the most cars on one train since the 1980's!

#235055  by Tri-State Tom

Now one of the Alcos, either 19 or 18, just went back east light on the Whippany line....busy day !!!!

#235085  by njt4172

lutherkb wrote:Here they are...

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archiv ... 568&Page=2
Why thank you for beating me to it Luther!

Bare with me guys as I am new to posting pictures on the internet!

It is too bad that there wasn't perfect blue skies out there!
Damn weatherman!!.... Kick me please! :wink:

#235087  by Tri-State Tom

UNBELIEVABLE DAY !

Now we have several yellow MOW machines on the hill that apparantly have just arrived off the Morristown line. Two of the machines are slowly heading down the hill toward Abbett Ave..

While this going on, one of the Alco's - 18 or 19 - again just shuffled the L&N biz car out and back into the yard/barn.