Railroad Forums 

• GP38-2's Be seeing you soon!

• Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.
Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#239062  by nrelane

We are in the process of building several GP38-2's for a class 1 railroad. So all you lovers of the GP38 will be seeing more of them within the year.I personally like the 38, simplicity at its best!

#239361  by U-Haul

What firm are you associated with? Thank you for the information.

Star Trek 40th Anniversary

#239392  by crazy_nip

who are "we"

#239419  by Jtgshu

Building or rebuilding? Im asssuming rebuiding you mean, right?
 #239427  by Komachi

The Nip inquired...

"Who are 'we?'"

And U-haul implored...

"What firm are you associated with?"

Secretive, ain't they?

Well, considering their screen name is "nrelane," I'm assuming (a dangerous thing, I know) that they're associated with NRE. Although, a little more background info. would be helpful, yes. I wil also ask, with whom are you associated and just who "we" are when you say "we." And who is this mysterious "class 1" that you allude to? Don't need to name names (although it would be nice), but can you tell us east or west?
 #239588  by Nelson Bay

nrelane

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:39 pm Post subject: AR10 alignment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone share with me the procedure of AR10 to engine alignment and how important is air compressor thrust?

In your next post you say "we" are "building" GP38's for a Class 1 Railroad. It amazes me that you can "build" locomotives but don't know how to align alternators and air compressors. You better hope your Class 1 customer doesn't view this forum.

#239589  by Aji-tater

If you're going to start rumors, why do it with something as mundane as a GP38? Why not say you're rebuilding some F7's, or better yet, a small fleet of BL2's! That would really get us all going. Anybody with good Photoshop talent, how would a BNSF BL2 look? Or maybe CSX.

#239615  by GN 599

I understand NRE picked up some of our retired SD-9's a few months back. One of those in CB&Q blackbird would turn some heads eh! :-D
 #239770  by UPRR engineer

Nelson Bay wrote:

In your next post you say "we" are "building" GP38's for a Class 1 Railroad. It amazes me that you can "build" locomotives but don't know how to align alternators and air compressors. You better hope your Class 1 customer doesn't view this forum.
Good one dude!!!!

#240557  by washingtonsecondary

On top of that, he only joined 9 days ago. He is just trying to make a name for himself.

#240596  by Conrail

It amazes me how quickly people are jumping on this person and COMPLETELY degrading him! I want to hear from Nrelane and then I will have more evidence for my opinion. Even after Columbine we still haven’t learned to stop bullying and insulting people. W
Last edited by Conrail on Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#240815  by Aji-tater

Conrail, re-read the posts and you will see it wasn't U-Haul being secretive, but the "we" in the first post, Nrelane. There is a big difference between Columbine and this forum. When you post something on a forum you are inviting a response. As you probably know there are people who enjoy making random posts and attempting to start rumors and stir up controversy. I am NOT saying Nrelane is or is not doing that. Maybe he is on the up-and-up. The people above are correct that his posts so far do not give him a lot of credibility. He will be judged by his posts. If he is a knowledgable person actually involved in such a rebuild he will soon establish himself. If he's legitimate, great, welcome, glad to have the information! If not, write him off as a bored kid looking to create some action.

#241162  by Tadman

NRE; If you're for real, continue making honest posts and most people here will come around - it happens to most that way. Those that don't come around aren't worth talking to anyway. This group is knowledgeable and is a good place to hang out, although I don't frequent the EMD forum all that much. By the way, are you at the Dixmoor facility or one of the others? And being in the crane business, I'm dying to hear what kind of cranes are in your building, as I've been trying to get the service contract at Dixmoor.

#241418  by Nelson Bay

Tadman wrote:NRE; If you're for real, continue making honest posts and most people here will come around - it happens to most that way. Those that don't come around aren't worth talking to anyway. This group is knowledgeable and is a good place to hang out, although I don't frequent the EMD forum all that much. By the way, are you at the Dixmoor facility or one of the others? And being in the crane business, I'm dying to hear what kind of cranes are in your building, as I've been trying to get the service contract at Dixmoor.

Don't be naive Tadman- the NRE folks at Dixmoor & elsewhere know basic locomotive component alignment procedures. They have the EMD MI's & ESFR's. He'll probably respond to you by asking " Will we need a crane to build/rebuild the GP38-2's? Are the parts heavy?" The guy's a phony.[/quote]

#241485  by byte

Whatever the OP is referring to is probably the "new" GP38-2's NRE's putting together for BNSF. I say "new" because some of them are former GP35s, GP40s, etc and not just rebuilt '38-2s. (there's a whole story on it towards the front of the Trains magazine that just came out)