Railroad Forums 

• Gp-10

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

Should NYA keep the GP-10 or sell it

Yes
43%
No
57%
 #47487  by Mr Met

Should NYA keep the GP-10 or sell it

KEY

Yes Sell it
No keep It

#47518  by badneighbor

sounds like a confused poll. yes means one thing and no does too.... kepp the engine, send it wherever it needs to go to be completely rehabbed.

#47594  by Legio X

Maybe the museum out in Riverhead would like to add this relic to it's collection.....Get rid of it.

#47642  by jayrmli

The poll should have been to scrap it, not sell it. No one will buy it now.

Jay

#48017  by SeldenJrFireman

Like I have been saying, put it on the Gershow Express! :P

#63830  by BEDT16RMLI

I think it should be save ethier need i say Pennsy colors or even better Pen Central it would be awsome, but i know it will not happen

#69293  by tushykushy

I hope all of you people got your photos of the 201 because just received word it's next destination is.... Gershow recycling. Plans to drag this old piece of junk is in the not so distant future.

#69405  by tahawus84

What is the scrap value of this engine? I would buy it if I could find a place to park it on the island temporarily. Anyone have some space?

#69442  by DogBert

Price for scrap metal is pretty high these days.

NYA got any plans on getting a replacement, or perhaps getting the other 2 GP38s regeared now that stone season's almost done?

Oh well. 201 always seemed like nothing but cannon fodder...

#69444  by John 61

Doesn't this engine have an axle that is seized. Will the LIRR let them drag it along their tracks knowing that one set of wheels aren't turning.

#69502  by tushykushy

Not sure what the situation is on getting the 201 out to Gershow but it's pretty much final now (as told by a reliable source).

Basically there are talks with the sister railroad, L&I about getting equipment, although it won't have ASC so it will just be sandwiched inbetween whatever power has ASC (i.e. stone train)

Also, those L&I switchers aren't doing too good nowdays. While in pond today, 9321 was completely offline, and 9373 croaks during load. I don't know what NYA's intentions are going to be about those in the future.

#69695  by rb

Maybe they could try getting engines somewhere other than L&I...

#69981  by DogBert

Heh, merry Xmas NYA, big brother L&I sends more hand me downs... :o)

Instead of gp16s or whatever they have rusting away on L&I, I suspect NYA would fair out a lot better with something similar to those GP39's L&I got... another gp38 or 3 could go a long way and be somewhat compatible parts wise with the others...

#70034  by Mr Met

can nya GET SOME F40'S TO USE THAT WOULD BE COOL TO SEE A F40 PAINTED UP IN nya GREEN

#70157  by tushykushy

Ok Mr. Met.... I don't think NYA is going to buy engines because they look nice. Hate to burst your bubble on that one.

Dogbert... I have heard more along the lines of purchasing more of what they already have (MP15AC's... GP38's).