Railroad Forums 

• Gp-10

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

Should NYA keep the GP-10 or sell it

Yes
43%
No
57%

#76352  by jayrmli

Saving the trucks as a spare might be smart elsewhere, but on the NYA they just leave whole locomotives sitting around the shop with no hope of ever getting repaired. (Think engine 156.)

There's no use leaving it lay around if they're not going to work on it.

Jay

#76511  by Mr Met

any pictures of the gp-10 getting scraped or any action photos of this loco

#76550  by Mr Met

Jay or scrap were you on the run with the Gp-10 to Gershow

#76720  by Mr GP10

Why didnt the NYA take the 156 with the 201? It dosent seem like the 156 will ever turn a wheel ever again. Oh well R I P 201 you will be missed :( lets hope the NYA gets MORE power soon.

#76721  by Mr GP10

BTW which engines were lucky to take 201 to meet its death?

#76729  by DogBert

156 could still get sent out for an overhaul. with the asc int it it's less likely to be scrapped. It'd make the perfect test unit to send out and be rebuilt from the ground up. if it works, it can replace one of the other in service units while it's sent out for treatment...

#76785  by tushykushy

I haven't gotten the slightest idea where or what it was from but about a month ago, I spotted an ASC unit just sitting outside the shop.

Right now they might be focusing on the 105 to be repaired since it was actually inside the shop with the 151 (although the 151 was probably in there for minor ajustments). People never thought the 261 would breathe anytime soon yet 5 months later it's back on the main.

If I remember correctly, wasn't 156 the best pulling engine according to some NYA crew?

#78353  by LIRRNOVA55

Anything new on whats actually left of it?

#78393  by jayrmli

It's probably still sitting out there as is until they can get anyone to purchase any useable parts off it.

Once it looks like a turkey carcass after Thanksgiving, it will meet the fire wrench.

Jay

#78446  by Mr Met

how much would the cab go for

#81614  by Mr Met

okay is there any new news on what is left of the Gp-10 and when will the sw's be heading out to gershow

#163858  by li7039

is this still at gershow or has it been cut up

#163880  by LIRRNOVA55

Still there, but dont count on it for long because they jsut donated the batteries and ther most likely gettin ready to cut her up.

#163934  by jayrmli

What makes you think that donating the batteries would trigger the engine to be scrapped?

They've had ads out looking for anyone looking for parts. They won't cut it up until every spare part is sold that they can get anything for,

Jay