Railroad Forums 

• Gp-10

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

Should NYA keep the GP-10 or sell it

Yes
43%
No
57%

#70381  by freightguy

The GP-10 is supposed to mate its fate soon at the scrapper. It was supposed to Gershow to be scrapped this weekend, so chances are it will happen soon.

#70430  by Mr Met

a f40 would be a good addiction on a long heave train like the stone be the stone train season is comeing to a end

#70519  by DogBert

tushykushy wrote:Ok Mr. Met.... I don't think NYA is going to buy engines because they look nice. Hate to burst your bubble on that one.

Dogbert... I have heard more along the lines of purchasing more of what they already have (MP15AC's... GP38's).
It just seems logical, especially considering what a time of it they seem to have with keeping what's there running. Getting anything other than an mp15 or gp38 will require a mechanic to get familiar with still another engine model, wasting much time. it seems to me 38's would be the easiest to find and maintain in the long run, at least in terms of parts and what not.

F40's... didn't LIRR consider leasing a few once but couldn't do it because they wouldn't clear the station structure at jamacia? I believe for the c1 bilevels that the metra E8s were leased for...

#70794  by Mr Met

F40's... didn't LIRR consider leasing a few once but couldn't do it because they wouldn't clear the station structure at jamacia? I believe for the c1 bilevels that the metra E8s were leased for...

Jamacia has since been re built so they might now be able to clear

#73843  by RRChef

Wow...that's got to be a first for E-bay. I know I've never seen a loco there before. Too bad it's not a pair. Lord knows those guys on NYAR could use all the help they can get!

#73846  by emfinite

Indeed, Greg. The ex-Wonderbread man himself.

#75055  by Fla East Coast Chris

Hey,
Picture must have been taken in the morning!
There is no SMUDGE on HIS FACE!!!!! :)
Anyways lets call him Cap't . I understand he loves to go yaghting in the summer!!!! as in his own private boat club!!!!
Chris

#75905  by BEDT16RMLI

I would like to see a F40 on the scoot then on a freight, pulling AUMUS lol who needs a bi leval

#76106  by jayrmli

RIP GP10 201
12/12/04

Arrived at Gershow for a date with the fire wrench.

Jay

#76208  by tahawus84

Gershow in medford?

#76218  by DutchRailnut

Watch NY&A scrap entire engine, instead of keeping trucks and having them rebuilt by P&W or so as swap trucks for any locomotives with T/M failures or truck failures, the Blomberg is a very universal truck.

#76275  by KilltheGP10

THIS IS A GREAT DAY!!! THAT ENGINE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SCRAPPED YEARS AGO. GOOD RIDDANCE TO IT. IT WILL BE MUCH MORE USEFUL REINCARNATED AS A BUNCH OF RAZOR BLADES!!!

RUDOLPH

#76334  by tushykushy

How much money does NYA get in terms of scrap money away?

I guess we'll have to keep our eyes pealed for some blue steel shavings out of them gondalas that the 50 hauls out every night..... :P