Railroad Forums 

• GP-10 on the Stone Train

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #41535  by Scrap em All

Man, where the hell were all you buffs today? I took the 201 on its maiden voyage to Prima today. Had the 271,201,151 all lashed up together on a 40 car stone train. If I see some interest I might just do it again next Sat.
Till then!

#41540  by lirrmike

Well, maybe a heads up would've got us all trackside! Sorry, couldn't resist. What time next week and I'll be waiting?

Mike

#41620  by Mr GP10

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH Damnit!!!!!!!! I have no luck with this engine. I always wanted to know when that damn thing was gonna run somewhere on Long Island. Can someone Please count me in thats if any one plans on catching the GP-10 on Long Island? I would like to get video of it somewhere WITH OUT being hassled. Whats a good time and location Where I can hear the 38(s)15(s) & 10 ROARING past me? Thats if a 38 is used. Scrap em all, How was the GP-10 with the GP-38-2 doing today? What directions were the GP-10 and the MP-15 facing? Any help would be great thank you for the heads up. :)

#41846  by KilltheGP10

IF YOUR GOING TO TAKE IT OUT THAT FAR, YOU MIGHT AS WELL TAKE IT TO GERSHOW RECYCLING AND LEAVE IT THERE!!!

IF YOU'RE NICE, MAYBE THEY'LL LET YOU GET SOME VIDEO OF THE GP10 MEETING THE FIRE WRENCH!!!

RUDOLPH

#41848  by Scrap em All

Well, I had no advance notice myself of the 201 being cleared by LIRR to be run on main track. It was cleared Fri. night and when I came in on Sat morning, I was told it can be used if I wanted to. So I did.
It ran OK not too great. It failed to transition above 30 mph so it became dead weight after 30mph. It helps the train accelerate but the 38 & 15 do the work at 45mph. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. If not back to the regular NYA engines.

#41898  by Mr GP10

I hope the GP-10 does get some repairs made soon. Did it shut down once you passed 30MPH? Im not to familiar with what you mean about 30 MPH. Being cleared by the LIRR, Whats that about? Now all I need is a camera..... Any one else?

#41912  by BEDT16RMLI

you big deal it is a gp-10 and all but you know what it is not really a big deal only thing I care about is that some day she is on display in Riverhead in PRR Brunswick Green in all her pensy splender. God I am going to get reemed for this one

#42108  by Scrap em All

Hey "dealer", what the hell are you talking about? Inhaled too much diesel fumes lately?

#42393  by emfinite

I'm so used to seeing that piece of shhh in the yard that I would have dropped dead if I saw it out on the main. Thank God I didn't.

#42414  by Mr GP10

Where is there a good location to catch the stone train this Saturday? hats if the GP-10 is used this Saturday I was thinking possibly Mineola? Emfinite? or any one else out there have any good ideas? I was also thinking Jamaica however I dont think thats a good idea. I dont want to go out to far. I would like to catch the train a good clip. Thank you for your help. :D

#42548  by emfinite

Jamaica is a good spot to watch NYAR pass through, but they won't be going faster then 15 mph. They will come through on 10 or 11 track on the high side. Be at the west end of the platform. I usually stay around Bethpage, Farmingdale or Pinelawn to take in the action. The train always seems to have good speed through my territory. Mineola isn't a bad spot, just make sure there's no 5-0 near you. I like the west end of platform A, especially in the morning when the sun is at a good angle for photographing eastbound trains. Chances are you won't get bothered there, but be very alert. Anywhere between Bellerose and New Hyde Park would suffice, too. Hope to catch you guys this weekend. Throw us an update or two if possible.

Joe

#43271  by Scrap em All

Well can't promise you the GP10 tomorrow but I'll try to see if it is available for the stone run. The shop mechanic has been cranky recently. He does not really want it to go out again. I guess if it blows up more work for him. If 201 is available it will be a four unit lashup. 271-268-201-155.

#43281  by AmtrakFan

How many GP10's does the NYA have in their Fleet

#43307  by John 61

Any time schedule for this run?

#43455  by Mr GP10

I ll be at Jamaica between 9:00AM and 10:00AM I hope I dont miss it. John 61, Do you have any plans on catching the stone train maybe on video? AmtrakFan the NY&A used to have 2 GP-10s 201 & 202 they both left for a while. However so far only the 201 has returened Im not sure what ever happened to the 202 maybe 1 day it will return to the NY&A.