Railroad Forums 

• GP-10 on the Stone Train

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#197231  by Mr GP10

Long Island 7285 when you have a chance, could you please e mail me off line at [email protected]? Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

Re:

#899984  by SlackControl

John 61 wrote:I made a short movie of the final run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ6Bn5n0ZzM
I noticed in the video that the stone cars were shoved in from the east switch. Is this still the usual move, or do they ever pull in through the west switch, drop the cars, run out the east switch and change directions to go back west?
 #899992  by mirrodie

wow, an old thread resurrected.

Where is Gershow and how did that thing get stuck in the mud? Was their trackage to this Gershow location or was it lifted by crane and dumped in?
 #900029  by Shavano

Gershow is in Medford, was once one of NYAR's biggest customers. It still sits about 50 feet or so from the spur and currently rests on the fuel tank in the middle of their lot. The trucks are under one of the GP38s now.