Railroad Forums 

• Good Friday

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#110453  by crazy_nip

yes

#110534  by AmtrakFan

Sunday they aren't

#110607  by johnpbarlow

Re: Sunday yard operations - N. Framingham is quite busy kicking cars on non-holiday Sundays.

#110646  by PChap

Southover Yard in Savannah sure is open. I've only been on the RR for a few weeks now and it was as busy as I've seen it when I left a few hours ago. We will have a few switching operations around the clock Easter, as for the road I'm not sure, heard we'll have a light load.

#110683  by crazy_nip

they are open here too, you yanks must have it easy, or no traffic

#111091  by Robert Paniagua

they are open here too, you yanks must have it easy, or no traffic

True, we uphere in Boston don't have that much CSXT action on such holidays, especially on the Small Lines (Braintree, Kingston MA/Plymouth & Middleboro/Buzzards Bay)

And FYI, we are not yanks here, we are the RED SOX! :-)

#111097  by CSX Conductor

Normally Good Friday is a paid holiday and only a few yard switchers at terminals on the B&A are the only action other than regular main-line traffic....however mostly all jbs worked this year. (Still playing catch-up from the snow). :wink:

#111106  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

yea i chased B735 around the industrial park in Mansfield and then chased them to Attleboro, they had 6209 and 6221(YN3 scheme)