Railroad Forums 

• GMTX GP38 #2081 in Pond?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1109872  by tahawus84

So is this engine still heading out on the mainline? I would like to catch it out though ronkonkoma one night
 #1109961  by DogBert

lirr415 wrote:
Backshophoss wrote:IS the L&I(9321) Switcher still usable? or OOS??

It's been OOS since like 2005...

The only way that thing will ever see service again is if they make it into that rumored genset they're suppose to get. I wonder if they have bothered to re-railed it? I forget offhand if they did - as one of the last times I saw it back there it had the front end pushed off the end of the track, through the metal fence that runs along the lot between buildings over there.

Even when it did run, it didn't run often. Spend half it's time OOS.
 #1111043  by SwingMan

Passed by them just east of Jamaica. Lite engine move with 270 and 261 sandwiching 2081 on Main Line 3 around 10:30am.
 #1111493  by Tadman

I doubt they'll paint it - there's two similar GMTX lease geeps on NYA's sister road South Shore, and they're not being painted.

One is in GMTX blue (think Rock Island bankruptcy blue) and one is ex-UP in yellow. That one fits right in given the frequent UP-led coal trains.
 #1115230  by emfinite

The 2081 went east this morning (12/4) on the RS50 trailing behind the 271/270. Curious to see if it will come west again tonight.
 #1118561  by emfinite

The 2081 has been the center unit between 268 and 159 the past two nights on the RS80 and during the daytime on the RS40. The engines will still probably be together tonight.