Railroad Forums 

• GM Wiedefeld and COO Leader resigns

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1597766  by YOLO

The WMATA Board of Directors has accepted Paul Wiedefeld’s decision to make his retirement effective today. In addition, Chief Operating Officer Joe Leader has resigned, effective immediately.

The Board appreciates Paul’s and Joe’s commitment to WMATA over the last six years. We feel the timing is right for Interim General Manager and CEO Andy Off to lead the organization through this critical transition period, with a continued emphasis on safety. Safety is and will continue to be our top priority. We will look to Andy’s leadership to ensure we continue on this path.

https://wmata.com/about/news/Board-statement-GM-COO.cfm
 #1597767  by farecard

My guess is he'd had enough. I 100.000% doubt he had any knowledge re: expired driver creds, as someone under him was supposed to be doing so.

But just has he's fought to try and get the RCC under control, he was also out of the loop on the 7K wheelsets.

It's his successor who should be asking himself "What have I gotten myself into?"