Railroad Forums 

• Genset switcher consist on river line: 10/27/10??

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#875503  by airman00

Hello all. I happened to be working in Bergenfield, NJ this morning and about 9:15 AM heard a train going by and could tell two things: #1, that the horn sounded different, and #2, that the train was moving real slow. Caught a glimpse of it going by and it looked to me from what I could see that the power for the train was 2 csx Genset switchers and that was it. It was a semi-long mixed freight train. It wasn't a short train. Is it even possible to have an all switcher power consist? There were houses and trees blocking some of my view, but I know Genset switchers have a distinct look.

I could have sworn I saw the number 1319 on the lead locomotive, and I know that's a genset switcher. Now maybe I was mistaken and saw just two geeps and they looked like gensets from a distance? Anyone here that saw that train and can tell me if I'm right or wrong in what I saw. If they were Gensets they were working real hard. I also posted this in the NJ railfan forum but since no replies as of yet, thought I'd also post this here in hopes maybe somebody knows something.