Railroad Forums 

• GE Demonstrator Locomotives

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

#474747  by jnugent56

I may be mistaken, but I remember seeing a book about GE Demonstrator locomotives while I was looking around on the internet last year. I can't seem to find it now and was wondering if such a book exists. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specifically, I've been researching a 45 ton demo locomotive that eventually found itself at the Rochester and Genesee Valley Railroad Museum in Industry, NY. It was built in 1941 and has a few details that are not common to other 45 ton locomotives of similar build. (As far as I can tell.) I'm a co-foreman of the restoration team working on this locomotive and would love to dig up some more of its history.

You can learn more about this locomotive here: http://rgvrrm.org/about/railroad/rge1941/index.htm

Thanks!

#480022  by scharnhorst

There is a book on GE Locomotives out there. I do recall finding it once but can't sem to rember where or who had it. How ever there is a book called Critters, Dinkies, & Center Cabs put out by Rio-Hondo Publishing that lists every single small industrial locomotive builder as well as photos of them that I think is still avalable. I my self got this book 4 years ago.