Railroad Forums 

• Gcor Updates

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#492505  by Burner

mmmmm new gcor update today... doesnt affect me at all, but most the system will be glad to see this one :D

#492636  by powerpro69

You mean the abolition of the stop and proceed?

#492760  by Burner

powerpro69 wrote:You mean the abolition of the stop and proceed?
Thats the one... I run either dark or ATC territory

#493465  by UPRR engineer

Aint a very good idea, but what ever they want to do.

#493557  by Burner

UPRR engineer wrote:Aint a very good idea, but what ever they want to do.
why? we havent stopped at a <u>restricted proceed</u> for a LONG LONG time now... no rear enders around here.

#493619  by UPRR engineer

I think enough guys get in trouble as it is. See how it goes i guess.

#493649  by powerpro69

I'll be waiting for them to reverse it

#493683  by Burner

I think they're looking for a way to reduce decerts
 #493697  by hinge817

the explanation we recieved on paperwork here in dfw is that its for minimizing starts and stops to save fuel. and to think, just a lil more info and communication might solve that problem.

#493770  by UPRR engineer

Burner wrote:I think they're looking for a way to reduce decerts
A Blocks is where most guys screw up anyways...
Saving fuel and keeping things moving are the main reasons.

#493816  by qboy

Burner wrote:
UPRR engineer wrote:Aint a very good idea, but what ever they want to do.
why? we havent stopped at a <u>restricted proceed</u> for a LONG LONG time now... no rear enders around here.
Its been an on and off thing in ATC territory. This used to be an old CNW rule. But UP came in and changed it only to change it back and forth a few times. As for rear enders you just haven't been around long enough, but we had couple just about 3 or 4 years ago on the Iowa side and the Chicago side.

#493874  by Burner

yeah I've been around duncans curve on the iowa side, but thats a slightly different scenario...

they had a BO brake valve that only knocked 6psi off the trainline when he put it into suppression, a fireman was at the controls and didnt know any different and the engineer wasnt paying attention i guess...

oh and the one on the spine was another genius at the controls... thought he was gonna get "a running start for the hill" completley blew by 2 red signals at over 30mph (non atc territory, TWC/ABS) all while talking on the phone...

So i guess i'm of the opinion that if there is a halfway competent crew onboard there should be no problem.