• Gardner Gawking

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by jaymac

0235-0430/03-30-2022 served up plenty of Yard Channel hash, clear receptions coming only from POAY and those pretty much throughout the trip. Although there had been pre-2359/03-29 X7.8 XNG noise, naught to, from, or about Q426/7 would exit the scanner speaker.
At 0306, the 333 WLs were dark, Stops on the 334 ELs and darkness on the 1 WB stagger and 335s following as had a period of radio silence, but most of the way WB, both Boston West and AMTK would let me know the scanner was still at work.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark and the yard MT, the EB leg of the trip providing occasional Yard Channel hash and a few POAY IDs.
At 0335, the 333 WLs were dark, and further east, the EB staggers for 330 would be at Approach and all else up to and including the FG WLs dark.
At 0344, D-3 had answered somebody calling, but Summer Street being a ZonbieZone, further developments got hashed. 4 later, NewBlue 5963 sat dark, solo, and E-facing in the FI-1/2 parking spot, the W end of East Side looking otherwise MT. That was the same time that D-2 -- yes, two -- reached out to POED, further developments again getting hashed.
0351 was the start of the D-3 side of a convo with AY-3. They'd need a Line 12 for Pine Hill and Snake Hill Roads, the internals of the bungalow being opened up. D-3 asked if they were going to wait, rogering the response. At 0355, the EB staggers for Derby were dark, a covered hopper still on the W end of the RVJ stub. The next minute the D-3/AY-3 convo resumed, D-3 changing the crossing to Sandy Pond and Snake Hill Roads. D-3 advised that he couldn't give AY-3 the WL light without a Line 12. Whatever AY-3 said led to time-effective 0402 Form D G302, a Line 12 to the 7517 for Snake Hill Road, MP BF 34.50, and Sandy Pond Road, MP BF 34.90. D-3 added that he'd give a shout as soon as the XNGs were back in, asked if they were looking for a light now, and then OKed them on signal indication.
Heard only rare hash for the balance of the trip, so dunno about AY-3 or 400, for that matter.
  by jaymac

0240-0445/04-01-2022 would start its April Foolery right at 0240 when the X7.8 announced he was checking train, meaning that the 0216 XNG noise I'd heard from inside Château-jaymaque was not for X7.8, but for probably Burncoat during a probable roll-by. The no defects would come at 0245 and be acknowledged by Q426 with CSXT 750. A couple later and when I did my own XNG crossing, the marker had gotten too far E to be visible, but cars would be EB at the Rtes. 12 &140/MP X8.7 UGB. More for 426 will follow.
Things were quiet until some Dispatcher-side hash at 0304, and at 0312, the 333 WLs were at Stop, a pig with NSs 6952, 7540, and 9487 having complied on 1. The 334s would all be at Stop, loaded wells visible E and W. The 335 ELs and WLs were also at Stop, the marker just E of the State Road/Rte. 2A UGB suggesting that it might be a 22K and not an I2K.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark, the yard was MT, and 2 "experienced" company gons sat on the House. At 0335, D-3 OKed AY-3 on signal indication, more to follow.
At 0346, the 333 WLs were still at Stop, the pig still in place. Further E, the EB staggers for 330 were at Approach.
Post refueling Stop, all up to and including the GL WLs were dark. OT and for the last Cumby's price update until requested, Cleghorn/330.8 was 3.95/405 and NLeo 4.17/4.27.
The FG WLs were at Stop, DS trash on the 2 from the Credit Union W, but not far enough W to have shunted the 330 ELs.
0408 was when D-3 told somebody they were OK to continue E, next telling Q426 that he'd been talking to ED-8 and then repeating the OK to continue E to ED-8. Frequent readers will know I'm now triggered to state that the exchanges were both good and bad news -- I wasn't the only 1 getting compromised receptions, but the ones for whom good receptions mattered weren't getting them. It would turn out that Q426 was holding at Still River and in the electromagnetic shadow of Mount Wachusett. Dunno where ED-8 was.
At 0411, KCIR 5973 sat dark, solo, and W-facing in the FI-1/2 parking spot, and 5 later, a breaking D-3 called out to 426, next giving equally broken yarding instructions to POAY, saying he'd need to know if they needed headroom.
At 0418, the EB staggers for Derby were dark, a covered hopper still on the W end of the RVJ stub, and D-3 again asked POAY about headroom cuz 426 was holding at Still River.
0428 was when D-3 answered POAY and -- breakingly -- asked if they wouldn't fit W of the pad and rogered their response, advising he'd call the Train Master "real quick." 2 later he advised POAY to try Iron 3, which was supposed to have been cleared by AY-2. He next confirmed that they weren't into DCS so he could bring 426 up to MP X25. Form D G323 then got a Line 2 Addition for MPX24 to MP X25 with a 0432 time effective and the OK to head E.
0433 was when D-3 answered AY-3 and rogered them, adding he had to get the 1st commuter by and then he'd get them going.
Naught else intelligible for the balance of the trip.
  by jaymac

0240-0435/04-04-2022 started off slow, the early Yard Channel hash being P&W. There would be Dispatcher-side hash that got to me at 0302, and at 0306, D-3 called out to FI-2, garbling something about the Camp.
At 0313, the 333 WLs were dark, the usual sequence of Stops for the 334 Els and darkness for the 1 WB stagger and 335s to follow, all to radio silence.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark, the yard occupied on the Extension and 1 and also 4 with general that featured lotsa covered hoppers, 1 company and a coupla scrap gons, a coupla shiny white boxes, and at least 1 coil car, with 2 company goes still on the House. At 0331, D-3 gave FI-2 with the 5973 permission to reverse direction from where they stood and proceed E on the #2 to CPF-AY. Next at 0332, D-3 called out to FI-3 (yes, three), but what followed was D-2 breakage involving LA-2.
EB, there was possible D-3 hash at 0346, and at 0351, the 333 WLs were dark. Further E, the EB staggers for 330 were at Approach, but all else up to and including the FG WLs were dark. At 0357, there had been D-3 breakage to ??-3 while I was in the Kimball Street ZombieZone, AY-3 and FI-3 seemingly both possibilities.
At 0405, the FI-1/2 parking spot was predictably MT, but East Side seemed to have a good number of covered hoppers. 0405 was also when D-3 answered and then rogered Q426, meshing with the X7.8 XNG noise I'd heard at 0222. At 0407, there was hash that had a clear "POAY" in it, and 3 later, the EB staggers for Derby were dark, a covered hopper still on the W end of the RVJ stub.
0419 was when AY-5 called out to 426, telling them to come on down and that their train was on 11, AY-5 being on 1. It would seem that FI-2 was not serving as an honorary AY-5 today.
The only other thing that came outta the speaker for the balance of the trip was 0425 Boston East hash.
  by jaymac

0235-0420/04-06-2020 was sparing in both the audio and visual departments, things starting off with Yard Channel hashes close enough in interval to suggest car countdowns. Boston West would make her own contribution to the hashfest at 0244, and 6 later, D-3 would become a presence with even more hash, this to an AY -- possibly PO, given later developments -- about bringing them down East Wye.
My own radio silence would now begin, lasting through the 0308 darkness of the 333 WLs until 0311 hash involving -- again -- "AY." The 334 ELs were at Stop and the 1 WB stagger and 335s dark.
The latest spell of radio silence would get broken about 1/2 way up Da Hill, this time by Boston East hash. All the way up Da Hill, the 345s were dark and the yard MT, the 2 company gons still on the House.
Things were quiet EB until 0327 when a breaking 22K with NS 6945 called out to D-3, "Barbers" and 3000' " being clear. Yes, Mount Wachusett was literally and figuratively looming by then, so D-3's clarity was the standard "stand by," but his broken response would come quickly. FI-1 would be the recrew, and they would come on around 0700, the rest being eaten by the now-interposed landmass.
Dunno where 22K was and never heard a signal called for the EB stagger for 333 or the 333s themselves -- dark at 0333 -- and signals to the east -- the EB staggers for 330 at Approach and all else up to and including the FG WLs dark -- suggesting that that a short 22K might already be well well E.
Getting closer to Hill Yard caused a resumption of hash, and at 0347, KCIR 5948 was dark, solo, and W-facing in the FI-1/2 parking spot, the W end at least of East Side looking wide open.
0353 was when "POAY" escaped clear from the hash, and 1 later, the EB staggers for Derby were dark, a covered hopper still on the W end of the RVJ stub.
Radio silence had again resumed, unbroken until 0416 Yard Channel and then Road Channel hash from the P&W.
Things would close out at 0420 with Dispatcher-side hash, possibly D-2.
Q426/7? Naught heard, not even XNG noise.
  by jaymac

0235-0435/04-11-2022 had suggestions of a 10-day delay of 04-01. Noncompany hash -- including P&&W Road -- would start things off, company hash coming at 0246 and on a channel that suggested that San-Vel or mebbe even the old Ford plant might be the origin.
Some 0253 Road-side hash led to D-3 answering Q426 and issuing time-effective 0254 Form D G302 to CSXT 3421 for Burncoat to MP X25. Dunno if CSXT was the cause of the later-than-usual start. At 0308, D-3 would again answer 426, mebbe to acknowledge time into DCS. As will be seen, 426 will close things out.
0308 was also when the the 333 WLs showed a Clear for 2, markerless DS trashes to the W on 1 and extending to ~200 yards E of the all-Stops 334s. The 335s were dark, and AMTK at 0320 would be a break in radio silence.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark, and 4 in the yard had general -- mostly covered hoppers with a shortie up by the W FP plus a tank and some gons and whatever else might be obscured by the ambulance company. The House still had 2 company gons.
At 0341, the 333 WLs had gone to all Stops, ditto for the Els, so there was no imminent WB. At 0342, D-3 had asked FI-2 if they were going back to East Side, response and/or p[ossible repletion unheard by me.
The EB staggers for 330 showed an Approach for 1 and a Stop for 2, but the 330,8 WBs, 330 WLs and Els, and GL WLs were all -- puzzlingly -- dark.
The FG WLs were at Stop, as were the ELs. The probable cause being dark, solo, and W-facing NewBlue 5958 sitting in the FI-1/2 parking spot at 0357. To go all infommercial, but wait -- there's more: 5972 -- thanks to lit number boards -- of dark, but indeterminate paint scheme, thanks to the light level -- sat further E on East Side.
Cuzza activity in the RVJ lot, the EB staggers for Derby seemed dark from Nashua Street at 0406. A covered hopper still sat on the W end of the stub.
At 0425, D-3 called out x2 to FI-3 (three), repeating with repetition at 0429. 0431 would be when D-3 answered FI-3, roger whatever they said, and OK them on signal indication. Mebbe FI-3 had been the earlier hasher at San-Vet or mebbe --as will be seen -- the old Ford plant. That would be followed immediately by D-3 calling out to AY-3, saying they'd been stepped on, then breaking something about WL and OKing them on signal indication.
At 0434, D-3 returned to FI-3, advising -- breaklingly again -- that the Train Master said both loads to Track 1, plus something about Arrowhead. Mebbe the 1 W of 335 was overflow for WB trashes.
Back to 426: As I was leaving my car, XNG noises came at close intervals, suggesting 1st that 426 might be in Lancaster and 2nd that Lancaster XNG noises could carry to the S end of the Wachusett Reservoir.
  by jaymac

0230-0435/04-13-2022 was eventful, starting with P&W Road hash at 0241 and changing to comp[any Yard Channel hash at 0257.
The 333 WLs were dark at 0303, and in a change for the 334 ELs, the Controlled Siding was at Stop and the 2 at Approach. The 1 WB stagger was dark, as would be the 335s, and my ADHD being stronger that my OCD, I continued W, a fortuitous action, was will be seen.
The 0314 reception was D-3 calling out to FI-2 to confirm if the ???? was lined and locked normal and then giving the 5958 permission to reverse direction from where they stood and proceed W on the #2 to CPF-AY, suggesting that FI-2 was performing another tribute to 1 of my favorite oldies bands, The Trashmen. Mount Wachusett was now in a relative position to do what Mount Wachusett does, so inquiries about where FI-2 might be going and how many cars they had also got -- rimshot -- trashed.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark, and 4 in the yard had general -- covered hoppers, an unplacarded and LPG tank, a table with Clean Harbors containers, a a pair of loaded Brand X scrap gons -- between just W of the E FP and Royal Steam Heater. Continuing to rust-weld to the House were the 2 company gons.
EB at 0327 a breaking D-2 (two) called out to PWBO with something about a reset and a Form D. I was losing altitude, so D-2 was increasing garble. There was a Form D G212 to the 7605 at -- mebbe -- CPN 21, but the rest of the deets were lost.
OCD now in ascendancy, I rerouted the EB trip to the 335s -- dark - and then the 334s, the 2 WL still at Approach. At 0336 the 1 WB stagger lit at Approach, and a T equipment move came around the bend. The power was illegible, but the coaches were all flats, getting W of the ELs at 0338.
4 later, the 333 WLs were dark, and the EB staggers for 330 would both be at Approach. Post refueling stop, all up to and including the GL WLs would be dark.
At 0357, the *ID unheard* told D-3 they were ready to depart Wachusett, D-3 asking for the equipment, and the EB's response lost. The FG 2 WL would show a Clear for the T move, but no idea what might be providing the shunt, particularly since the FI-1/2 parking spot was MT at 0403, and the FG 1 WL at Approach.
At 0403, the EB staggers for Derby were dark, a single covered hoppers on the the W end of the RVJ stub. 3 later, a strong and clear FI-2 called out to D-3, only short AMTK hash to follow, so mebbe D-3 threw in a favorable light for FI-2.
At 0423, D-3 called out to POAY, saying they go down IM-1 and leave the waters there. there was a 12 and 5 Barbers pickup on Track 11, and if POAY needed headroom, they should call for paperwork and holding at MP X24 was Q426, expectable as I'd heard 0200 and 0210 X6.0 and X7.8 XNG noises while still inside my home.
All else was quiet until 0435, except for brief 0432 Boston West hash, possibly to, from, or about the EB equipment move.
  by neman2

At 0842 Q427 with the CSXT 893, 29 loads 109 empties got a Form D for MPX25 to Burncoat. Considering the time of day, and length of this 10 mph train there will be some grumbling at the crossings.
  by jaymac

Better 0842 than 0642 so most of regular rush-hour traffic would be outta the way. It might take only 7 or 8 minutes -- depending on actual train length -- for XNG transit, but being on the wrong side of the lights can make a minute seem like an hour.
  by jaymac

0235-0435/04-15-2022 started off slow, the first company reception coming at 0255 when the POAY E got the word to drop the 3. POAY would be an intermittent and frequent -- occupant of the airwaves.
At 0306, the 333 WLs would be dark, Stops for the 334 ELs and darkness for the 1 WB stagger and 335s to follow, as had radio silence.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark, and 4 in the yard had general from a bit W of the E FP -- 2 corrosive tanks, 2 Brand X scrap gons, 2 tented centerbeams, 1 gon, and then covered hoppers and hoonose what else -- up to the E end of the Pratt yard. The 2 company gons were still on the House, but had been joined by now-loose ties on the ground between the gons and the MART garage fence, ties so new that the air smelled of creosote. The NECR Dispatcher provided 0331 proof that my scanner was still functioning, Dispatcher-side hash 3 later providing additional confirmation,
EB and at 0339, POAY reasserted their presence, as they frequently would throughout much of the rest of the trip.
At 0341, the 333 WLs were dark, the EB staggers for 330 being at Approach. The 330.8 WBs were dark, but the 330 WLs and ELs were all at Stop.. Sitting on 2, 22K's marker was a bit W of the E end of the platform, and the GL WLs were dark.
At 0352, D-3 answered AY-3, but any further developments were lost to the Summer Street ZombieZone.
The FG WLs were at Stop, and 22K's power -- NS 6952, BNSF 3842, and UP 7211 -- continued to do just that just E of the gym. Woulda been a great-looking WB, but this is The Age of PTC.
At 0359, NewBlue 6958 was dark, solo, and W-facing, a marker on its W pilot. 3 later, there was a broken 241, mebbe D-3 to AY-3 for a runaround.
At 0405, the EB staggers for Derby were dark, a solo covered hopper still on the RVJ stub. 0405 was also when POAY called out to Q426, further development lost to topographical obstacles. There had been XNG noise -- X7.8? -- at ~0040, but given my then-fuzzy consciousness, things are fuzzy.
There were a coupla spurts of static -- too quick to even determine origin -- but naught of significance for the balance of the trip.
  by jaymac

0239-0430/04-18-2022 started off with D-3 giving AY-3 permission to proceed *hashed* and then the next minute starting a convo with ED-8 that involved what work the previous crew might or might not have done, D-3 saying he'd see what the Chief had to say, then asking for confirmation that the previous crew had gotten nothing done, and rogering whatever the present ED-8 said. To save suspense. naught further would be heard to, from, or about AY-3 or ED-8. Guessing ED-8 mighta been at or near San-Vel cuz naught would be seen or heard at Gardner or Fitchburg. In further suspense-saving, naught would be heard to, from, or about POAY/AYPO or Q426/7, save for 0215 X7.8 XNG noise and later power noise to the E when I was getting into my car.
0259 would provide a break in radio silence with an unattributable "3-step," possibly FI-2 given later events.
At 0311, the 333 WLs were dark, the sameolesameole to follow at the 334s and 335s.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark, and 4 in the yard was ~3/4 full with general, heavy on covered hoppers, but a coupla unplacarded tanks, a mini bulkhead of steel, a coil car, and scattered boxes to provide some variety. Mebbe set-offs from the aforementioned ED-8? The 2 company gons still sat on the House, and the smell of creosote still sat in the air, thanks to the new ties between the gons and the MART fence.
The trip E was quiet until 0339 and some hash. At 0342, the 333 WLs were dark, and the EB staggers for Derby would be at Approach.
The 330.8 WBs were dark and 0347 was the start of an FI-2/D-3 convo. They wanted to go West Side to East, and he OKed them on signal indication. The 330s and GL WLs would be dark, and after some car-countdown garbles, the FI-2 C called out a Restricting to the FI-2 E, the FG 2 WL getting dropped at 0353 by the covered hoppers getting shoved E by NewBlue 5958 towards a predictably MT FI-1/2 parking spot. FI-2's EB car countdown would continue with diminishing clarity and at 0401, the EB staggers for Derby were dark, a covered hopper still on the W end of the RVJ stub.
There was Dispatcher-side hash at 0406, followed by a raspy "Train 400," Keolis being on a weekday schedule, despite the Patriots Day holiday.
Things would go back to silence mode until 0416 Boston East hash, followed in 6 by Yard Channel hash and naught else through the 0430 end of listening.

Edited for update: X7.8 and X6.0 XNG noiises at 0728 and 0739.
  by jaymac

0237-0430/04-20-2022 started off in the midst of a P&W Dispatcher St. Albans Yard Channel advisory to WX-3 that Q426 would be coming with 28 that included 1 high and wide. The Dispatcher then switched to Q426, advising them to confer with WX-3 on Ch. 66. It should come as no surprise that I didn't hear a D-3 Form D issued while the scanner was on.
At 0259, there was AY-3 garble to D-3, D-3 responding with a "Here we go." AY-3 will be reported on again. And again.
Starting at 0302 there would be POAY car countdowns, repeated receptions determined by topographical complications.
0310 would be when the 333 WLs were dark, Stops for the 334 Els and darkness for the 1 WB stagger and 335s in sequence.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark, and the E section of 4 in the yard had general -- scrap gons, a tented center beam, an unplacarded tank, and another scrap gon -- up to the W end of Chair City Oil. The 2 company gons were still on the House, as were the new ties between the gons and the MART fence, but the smell of creosote had largely dissipated.
EB, there was first Dispatcher-side and then Yard Channel hash at 0331 and 0334, 0336 being when a garbling-to-me D-3 told AY-3 with the 7489 something about the Milling and proceeding W.
3 later, the 333 WLs were dark, and further E, the EB staggers for 330 would show a Medium Approach for 1 and Approach for 2, suggesting at least part of 400's route was in. From the 330.8 WBs to the FG WLs, all else was dark.
At 0352, D-3 called out to EDPO with breakage involving "testing," that followed by D-2 --two -- breakage tp POED, also involving "testing." Guessing mebbe Chief-mandated and mebbe PTC.
At 0355, D-3 reached out again to AY-3, the Summer Street ZombieZone doing its thing and only "good until 0530" and next "open up the switch on the #1" getting to my ears. More testing?
At 0356, the FI-1/2 parking spot was MT, and 5 later, the EB staggers for Derby were dark, a covered hopper still on the W end of the RVJ stub, the same time as there was a garbled exchange between FI-2 and D-3.
There was sparse else except for a 0409 AY-3 call to D-3, favorable topography allowing D-3's 0417 acknowledgment to AY-3 that they were lined and locked in the Milling and that the cab should be there shortly.
As of posting time, no XNG noise from Q426.

Edited for update: XNG noise at 0715, coulda been Prescott Street or Campground.
  by jaymac

0240-0445/04-22-2022 didn't get going until 0246 when favorable topography allowed "POAY, 4 to go" to get to me. POAY would be an occasionally IDable presence for a good amount of the trip. Not so for Q426: ~0030 X7.8 XNG noise had gotten me semi-alert, but naught further to, from, or about 426/7 would exit the scanner's speaker.
At 0312, the 333 WLs were dark, the expectable Stops for the 334 Els and darkness for the 1 WB stagger and 335s to follow, occasional POAY contributions along the way.
Most of the way WB up Da Hill came "FI-2" plus hash, followed 2 later by the 346.6 announcing no defects, total axle count 6 -- six -- and 39◦ . All the way up Da Hill, the 345s were dark. Racks were on the 2 at Timpany Boulevard with double-stack and then single-high trashes east, as were dark NSs 6942, 3570, and 4125. The red illumination inside the 3570's cab was the probable cause for what would unfold at 0328. D-3 and FI-3 -- three-- exchanged words about 345 and getting back to their train. Having caught a Restricting cuzza the Stop on the 1 WL, dimmed KCIR 7528 slowly came around the curve and got up to and called the Stop at 0343, next getting a 1-to-Single 241. So many questions -- Were there troubles at the 345s so the 1 WL couldn't be set to Clear? Since the 7528 had come from the W, had FI-3's crew been cabbed in that direction to take the leader off another -- mebbe ED-8-- EB? Or had FI-3's crew cabbed all the way to ED? Given that the 345 Single-to-2 switches would have to either burn down or be taken off power and hand-thrown before a 241 to get back to the train could be issued, I got myself EB. Coulda been Mount Wachusett, but never heard that 241.
The rest of Gardner? 1 in the yard had general visible through the FI-3 gaps at Chair City Oil and the MART garage. Dunno about 2 and/or 4. The company gons and tie status was unchanged, but warmer temperatures had brought back parfum de créosote.
EB at at 0352. there was another POAY ID among some garble, and 0356, the 333 WLs were dark. Further E, the EB staggers for 330 were a Approach, but all else up to the FG WL was dark.
At 0410, KCIR 5948 sat dark, solo, and facing W in the FI-1/2 parking spot, the W end of East Side looking MT. 5 later -- yes, favorable traffic lights all the way -- the EB staggers for Derby were dark and the RVJ stub covered-hopper count had increased to 4.
Even static had gotten rare. There was 0437 P&W Road hash, followed in 3 by P&W Yard hash. There was brief Dispatcher-side hash at 0445, but no follow-on.
  by jaymac

0235-0430/04-25-2022 started off with a coupla minutes of Yard Channel hash, followed at 0243 by CSX hash. 0247 was the first clarity when D-3 answered FI-2, advising that ED-8 would be recrewing at the trailer and then pulling down to San-Vel. The trash was on 3, ED-8 was clear on the E end, and it shouldn't be too long a wait, adding a little later about coming East Wye. It sounded again like FI-2 was working Arrowhead, that to be supported later.
At 0251, D-3 answered Q426 x4, then going into garble cuzza the relative shift of Mount Wachusett. More would be heard of 426, but naught to, from, or about POAY/AYPO.
Things started getting quiet, and at 0306, the 333 WLs were dark, Stops for the 334 Els and darkness for the 1 WB stagger and 335s in sequence.
The remainder of the WB trip was quiet and the 345s dark. 2 in the yard was ~3/4 full with general, mostly covered hoppers and 1 coil car. ED-8? If there was anything on 4, it was obscured. The company gons had gone from the House, but the ties were still by the MART fence.
Radio silence got broken EB at 0330 by NECR hash, and at 0337, the 333 WLs were dark. The EB staggers for 330 were at Approach, and post refueling stop, all others including the FG WLs were dark. At 0357, the FI-1/2 parking spot was predictably MT, as was much of the W end of East Side. At 0402, the EB staggers for Derby were dark, and the covered hopper count on the RVJ stub held at 4.
The Yard Channel was getting busy again, but hashed and hinting that activity was probably around the Willows, 0405 providing "AY-3" as the sole clarity. Immediately after that came D-3's fulfillment of Q426's fForm D G305 --power deets lost -- followed by the issuance of Form D G301 to CSXT 3444 for X25 to Burncoat, time effective 0306. There was a request for dangerous locations, the response rogered.
At 0408, "LA-2" was the sole clarity in an eruption of Yard Channel garble, and a couple later, a breaking D-2 --two -- gave somebody -- LA-2? -- permission to reverse direction from where they stood and proceed ???? on the Single.
0420 would provide brief Dispatcher-side hash, the final 10 being silent.

Edited for update -- X7.8 XNG noise at 0554. None heard for X6.0, hopefully cuzza wind direction.
  by jaymac

0235-0435/04-27-2022 was busy, but not until 0251 hash resolved into POAY car countdowns. There would be a broken 0256 D-3 241 to the 7575 for the Single W to 2, so mebbe 312 was the location. Topography and activity permitting, POAY would intermittently continue to be a presence for the next few. Naught heard to, from, or about AYPO.
At 0305, the 333 WLs were dark, Stops for the 334 ELs and darkness for the 1 WB stagger and 335s to follow.
At 0313, D-3 would answer FI-2, a reception echoed in 1 minute. Mount Wachusett would temporarily allow only hash, but at 0314, D-3 would call out to Q426 and issue time-effective 0316 Form D G301 to CSXT 3366 for Burncoat to MP X25.
Up Da Hill, the 345s were dark, and 2 in the yard seemed pretty much FP-FP with general. -- covered hoppers, boxes, scrap gons, a coil car, and 2 shortie hoppers on the E. There were also covered hoppers and tanks visible on 4 through the gaps. It's been long enough to constitute a trend, but there don't seem to been any CRYO-TRANSes of late. Dunno if the consignee/s mighta changed routing or mode. Ties still occupied the space between the House and the MART fence.
Loki and/or The Deity Of The CPF 345 Dunks being in the giving vein today, the 346.6 came on at 0326 and the 1 WL went to Clear, the 0327 report being no defects, 210 total axles, 46º, and 4913', the 6959 acknowledging. NSs 6959, 7636, and 9722 got 22K with only the rear 52 well and table positions occupied onto the Single at 0334. D-3 next called out x2 to ED-8, saying they were OK on signal indication and adding breakage about heading right down to the Milling. At 0335, D-3 would tell AY-3 -- the recipient of the 0256 241? -- that after they dropped their cars on West Main Street, the 2 trash were to go to IM-2.
The trip EB would start off quiet, and at 0346, the 333 WLs were dark. The EB staggers for 330 were both at Approach and the 330.8 WBs were dark. At 0352, the FI-2 C called out a Restricting to the the E. The 330s were dark, but the GL WLs were at Stop. FI-2 car countdowns continued, including a "10 on West Side, still good for 30." The FG 2 WL showed a Clear, so 22K had gotten their route.
KCIR 5972 was holding in back of a used-car dealership and just E of the FG Els as the C was tending to business, the shovees being DS trashes.
At 0406, the EB staggers for Derby were dark, 4 covered hoppers still on the RVJ stub.
At 0409, a scratchy D-3 said something to ED-8, and another minute started a somewhat clearer D-3/22K exchange. 22K said gates -- mebbe for the Lafarge crossing weren't timing out, and there was further discussion about how long this had been a problem. D-3 suggested pulling down to Paterson Road, but 22K thought they might foul the Keolis station. Any resolution got eaten by Mount Wachusett.
Sparse, sporadic hash would follow until 0427 when D-3 garbled something about 427, engine, and leave it at New Bond. I do hope the new ownership has budgeted for comms improvement. If it gets better for civilians, it'll get exponentially better for crews.
  by QB 52.32

The business in the Cryo Trans cars is now moving via CSX, as is the auto traffic.