• Ga Central & HOG begin(?) Cordele intermodal service

• A general discussion about shortlines, industrials, and military railroads
A general discussion about shortlines, industrials, and military railroads

Moderator: Aa3rt

by G&Fman

In the wee hours of December 1st the first pig train was delivered to the Cordele intermodal facility by the Heart of Ga RR. A friend (and reliable source) who lives close to the HOG mainline in Seville said the HOG came pulling hard by his house about 100am westbound (according to him the HOG never ran at that time of morning by his house before). He confirmed later in the day that indeed there were loaded intermodal well cars at the terminal in Cordele. At about 700pm that same day the HOG came back by his house headed east to Vidalia to hand the train back to the Ga Central for forwarding to the port in Savannah.

I've been trying to get info on a schedule so I can chase and get pics of this new train on the GC and HOG but with no luck. Maybe someone here can help? Even the Cordele intermodal website has nothing so far:

www.cordeleintermodal.com
  by georgiacentralfan

Intermodal will be running Monday. Leaving Savannah around 11:00 AM be in Vidalia around 3:30 or 4:00 that afternoon. And the HOG will pick it up around 6:30 and leave Vidalia around 7:00 that evening. Will come back east Wednesday and if GC runs rock the will have around 80-90 cars on wednesday running back east.
  by georgiacentralfan

Jeff Smith wrote:What time do you think that would put it in Claxton? I'd estimate around 12:30pm? Maybe 1pm? Later?
It will be in Claxton around 1pm. It will have the GC 1004 possibly leading. Best RS3L on roster.
  by georgiacentralfan

georgiacentralfan wrote:
Jeff Smith wrote:What time do you think that would put it in Claxton? I'd estimate around 12:30pm? Maybe 1pm? Later?
It will be in Claxton around 1pm. It will have the GC 1004 possibly leading. Best RS3L on roster.
Will meet L782 in Collins to interchange then they will take it to Vidalia and leave it in the yard there. Then the HOG will come in that evening and take it to Cordele.