From the Connect NEC 2035
here is the list of improves coming to Septa if funding is found.
PDF: https://nec-commission.com/app/uploads/ ... 5-Plan.pdf
• Harrisburg Line Interlocking Improvement Projects: This includes interlocking
improvements for Amtrak’s Keystone Corridor and SEPTA’s Paoli-Thorndale Line, replacing or
reconfiguring outdated interlockings that present a challenge to reliability. The interlocking
improvements support existing and future ridership growth and support flexible operations.
• Harrisburg Line Catenary and Signal Projects: This includes catenary and signal
improvements for Amtrak’s Keystone Corridor and SEPTA’s Paoli-Thorndale Line. The projects
will replace outdated signal systems to allow bi-directional train movements and support
flexible and more efficient operations than are currently possible. Overhead catenary will be
replaced and upgraded to improve system reliability.
• New Interlocking and Turnback Track between Cornwells Heights and Eddington: This
project will allow growth in Trenton Line service by allowing some trains to turn back to
Philadelphia at Cornwells Heights, reducing the amount of operational activity by SEPTA in
the delay-prone southern approach to Trenton.
• Ragan Turnback Track: Allows select SEPTA Wilmington Line trains to use multiple tracks
at Wilmington Station, using a turnback track past the station to allow for more reliable and
more frequent SEPTA service and saving an estimated 4 to 7 minutes for southbound trips
ending at Wilmington Station.
• Holly-Bell-Landlith Improvement Project: This project eliminates a bottleneck north of
Wilmington by adding a third track in this location, offering Amtrak and SEPTA greater
flexibility and schedule reliability.
• Harrisburg Line: Station Accessibility Program – SEPTA-led stations (Villanova, Malvern,
Devon, and Wynnewood): The project will make the stations fully ADA accessible with highlevel platforms, improve the customer experience, and bring the stations into a state of good
• Morrisville Yard: This project will provide additional train storage and capacity at Trenton
Transit Center by providing a new SEPTA facility at Morrisville Yard adjacent to NJ TRANSIT’s