Railroad Forums 

• Furor in Teaneck over idling CSX trains

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#99279  by washingtonsecondary

Although I don't agree with NJT4172's caveman approach... He does have a point. CSX will most likely never send regular trains over the NYS&W. [/quote]

#99688  by BlockLine_4111

If Teaneck puts up a big fight maybe CSX would consider contingencies (e.g. using the Tier and Q). Since CSX competes w/NS I guess they do not want to rush right away into asking NS for help (i.e. using the Tier).
It would be nice to have some BIG long trains coming down/up the Tier.

#99731  by njt4172

Block,

LOL, you live in Colorado dude! Your not even in NJ to witness such a thing so how would your proposal benefit your railfanning needs if you live 3,000 miles away from it????

Steve

#99736  by BlockLine_4111

Railfanning and quality of life concerns would be optimized concurrently for various Bergenities. Plus locals up around Starucca wouldn't mind seeing widecab powered autoracks and doublestackers.

#99748  by washingtonsecondary

I'm sure CSX has entertaining the railfans of PA as priority 1 starting monday morning.

#99828  by Lackawanna484

washingtonsecondary wrote:I'm sure CSX has entertaining the railfans of PA as priority 1 starting monday morning.
CSX has been expanding River Line sidings, adding new track in NJ, etc at a pretty rapid rate. Their problem now isn't really the line, but the NJ terminal district's inability to process car flow.

#99908  by washingtonsecondary

I have also heard that the river line dispatchers aren't the brightest bulbs on the tree either.

#99930  by Lackawanna484

washingtonsecondary wrote:I have also heard that the river line dispatchers aren't the brightest bulbs on the tree either.
They're getting much better, based on the chatter I've heard.

Being a DS on a mostly single track line with MOW equip in many sidings isn't much of a picnic. Being an MOW guy is prob worse...

#99934  by ANDY117

The track between Bingo and Port Jervis is terrible. the signals are all turned off, power lines keep coming down, and its just plain old. Also, have you seen the length of some of our trains? It's like, 2 put together.