Railroad Forums 

• Full steam ahead in Phillipsburg

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#14730  by Jtgshu

A nice article from the Ledger about the upcoming excursions out of P-burg
A train is romantic enough. But a steam train is something that train buff or amateur rail watcher, suspender-wearer or not, can appreciate.
HAHAHAHA - I got a chuckle out of this line.....

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/in ... 191780.xml
 #14815  by chuchubob

There's a nice color photo of 142, tender, and most of the first car acompanying the article in the print version of the Star-Ledger.

#14893  by rushhour

Maybe this will bring in some business for Phillipsburg? This could be a good thing....

#14917  by Ken W2KB

That's what is hoped. P'Burg rehabed the parking lot for the steam 'station' including fancy old-style street lamps, etc. According to local newspapers they expect that visitors will partake of local restaurants and perhaps other businesses. It may also be a nudge toward realization of the transportation museum. The ex-CNJ/Lackawanna station is a one minute walk from the steam train parking lot so visitors will also be able to see the URHS exhibits housed there.

#15111  by Tri-State Tom

Ken -

Very cute avatar there....am a dog lover, what's his/her name ?

#15125  by Ken W2KB

Thanks! :) That's Jeffrey, breed is "Treeing Walker Coonhound." He's laying next to my feet as I type this. :wink:

#15381  by Olton Hall

Ken W2KB wrote:.....According to local newspapers they expect that visitors will partake of local restaurants and perhaps other businesses.
I've spent quit a bit of time in P'burg in the last two years right by that parking lot. What businesses and restaurants (besides the one in the old station building) are they hoping people will visit? Dunkin Donuts on Rt 22? Everyone runs over to Easton.