Railroad Forums 

• Frontier Yard 2/3

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#94921  by SimTrains

Was out to Frontier Yard last night, and I made some interesting observations. Heading down broadway, towards the city, I caught two or three freights, all made up of UP power. Not a single CSX in the bunch. Then upon arrival at old broadway, I parked and noticed a string of 3 HLCX units with a single Conrail boxcar coming off the loop. When they cleared 2 brilliant red SOO units were unvailed. I had my camera, but it was too dark, and they were just too far away.
I sat there for about 20 minutes, when finally some CSX power came through. CSX 314 a GE AC4400, seemed to shine off of what little light there was. Made me wonder if this unit just came through rain, or was somehow washed.
A few minutes after it had cleared, I saw a light heading towards me. Looked like track one, but it didn't seem to have anything behind it. Turned out to be a single CN unit, hauling down track one, heading west.
Ohh well, times like those I wish I had just waited unile the day time to go out there, then I could have gotten some spectacular pictures!!