Railroad Forums 

• FRESH Duluth, Winnipeg & Pacific PAINT??

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#236798  by Dieter

Late last week, I saw a Duluth, Winnipeg & Pacific boxcar in paint that appeared so fresh, it looked as if it had barely dried.

Any ideas how that was possible? I thought DW&P had been retired.

Dieter/

#236830  by murray83

same rason they paint new central vermont cars lol

#260994  by lock4244

Replying to an April post in June, boy I must be new to this forum :wink:

DWC reporting marks are also appearing on brand new 73' centre beam flats, and to date I've seen one Gov't of Canada (dual sheif, brown&yellow) grain hopper restenciled with a DWC reporting mark!

#272601  by Tadman

probably to protect their rights to the trademark - it's a stronger protection precedent if the trademark is in use.

#272889  by lock4244

CN is more likely keeping the DWC, CV, GTW, WC, IC reporting marks alive to purchase freightcars to exploit more favorable US equipment depreciation laws. CP does this too, look at the CP/SOO covered hoppers.