Railroad Forums 

• Freeport Model RR Show

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #86369  by BMT

Well, I went to the Freeport Model Train Show this past Sunday and said my final goodbyes and best wishes to Ron Ziel as he will be out to Arizona by next month. It was also the last chance to buy his photos at $6 each as opposed to the higher prices at ebay and/or via the Queens Public Library (that purchased his collection).

BTW, at the show there was a table of HO (or N) scale trains with a box of photos featuring NYA Geeps in action. These were color 8x10s, and most of the shots look like east-end locations, but I couldn't be certain. In any event, I'd like to know if the photographer is a participant at this site (you're shots were nice, but not IDed, which is one of the reasons I didn't buy any).

I ran into a number of RR.net guys there like Bob Andersen, JJ Earl, and Mr. T. Also there was a retired LIRR engineer who used to work with JJ back in the ol' days of LIRR freight ops on the Bay Ridge Branch.