Railroad Forums 

• Forum Member Jack Deasy is operating MOUNT VERNON

• Tell us where you were and what you saw!
Tell us where you were and what you saw!

Moderator: David Benton

#461347  by John_Perkowski

Folks,

As most of you know, fellow Member Jack Deasy operates PV MOUNT VERNON. This weekend he's running it from Philadelphia to Scranton.

I'm posting his link to his ad page:

With great regret, I had to remove the link, per a PM from Mr Deasy. There are copyright issues involved reaching back to the artist :(

Fellow Member Bennett Levin of Juniata Terminal commissioned the artwork. It's in the grand tradition of rail passenger advertising.

I'll initially post this in Amtrak, and then move it to Dave Benton's Rail Travel and Trip Reports Forum: I hope those of you in the Northeast get to see it :)
Last edited by John_Perkowski on Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#461555  by Tadman

I wonder if Mr. Levin or Mr. Deasy will make that poster available for sale? I know one can print small volumes of posters thru cafe press, and I'm sure some of our art-oriented professionals may have a suggestion as well.

Also, although the artwork is really neat, I'd kill to see Mitch Markovitz do this one next year. He is truly the rockstar of railroad art right now, the next Howard Fogg if you will.

#461955  by jhdeasy

Bennett Levin says copies of the poster artwork for "The Susquehanna" special train will be made available for sale to interested parties. He did not say how/when, but if your are at Steamtown on Saturday or at Olean on Sunday night, you might be able to obtain one. I don't know how many were printed above and beyond the copies that will be given to private car owners, paying passengers, railroad operating crews and officials of host railroads, and other VIPs.

#462018  by David Benton

Jack , you may like to post details of how readers may find information on your trip , and these events here , you are welcome to do so .