Railroad Forums 

• Former LEF&C still on the Island?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1198879  by queensdee223

Hi, all. I was in Deer Park on Saturday, and I saw a car that that looked like this one sitting by a building with a LIRR truck parked in front on Pine Aire Drive by the Sagtikos overpass. Out of curiosity, do those come through regularly? If not, does anyone know where it was going and if it's still on the Island? When I drove by the next day, it had been moved. Thanks!
 #1199088  by freightguy

There is a lot of cars that you can find their heritage before a company or railroad inherited them. If you look at the trucks and other areas they will have the original reporting marks stamped on them. A few of those plate b and c boxcars have seen all different sorts of owners....
 #1199124  by Teutobergerwald

Saw them fairly regularly on LIRR freights back in the '80's and early '90's. Also saw LEF&C hopper cars carrying coal to the Kings Park Hospital, too.
 #1199765  by queensdee223

Thanks for the replies. That's interesting about the trucks, freightguy. I wasn't nearly close enough to read anything on the trucks, but I'll keep that in mind. The info about their being on the Island then and now is also interesting. Thanks! If I see another, I'll try and grab a picture.
 #1203347  by freightguy

Saw your car on the inbound CSX Q430 again. A few cars behind that was a CMHX former Amtrak express mail cars in the consist. Still in Amtrak paint!