Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1527084  by GirlOnTheTrain

jxzz wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:50 pm Most CT trains to GCT are express trains, which do not stop at Fordham.
That is false, have a look at 1583 and 1591 and tell me express trains don't stop at Fordham.
 #1527086  by GirlOnTheTrain

Rockingham Racer wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:34 am I could not access the article, but didn't NH Line trains start stopping at Fordham a few decades ago? The headline reads as this is a brand new innovation.
The brand new innovation here is that you're now allowed to ride New Haven Line trains between Fordham and Grand Central and vice versa, which you previously weren't able to do, and if caught you would be charged from the last stop the train made prior to that on inbounds, or on outbounds the next scheduled stop. (Mount Vernon East, or if you're really unlucky, Stamford.)
 #1527092  by Rockingham Racer

GirlOnTheTrain wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:05 am
Rockingham Racer wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:34 am I could not access the article, but didn't NH Line trains start stopping at Fordham a few decades ago? The headline reads as this is a brand new innovation.
The brand new innovation here is that you're now allowed to ride New Haven Line trains between Fordham and Grand Central and vice versa, which you previously weren't able to do, and if caught you would be charged from the last stop the train made prior to that on inbounds, or on outbounds the next scheduled stop. (Mount Vernon East, or if you're really unlucky, Stamford.)
Ah. That explains it. Thanks.