Railroad Forums 

• Font on SOO SD60s

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#99025  by Stephen

Looks like Wingdings (6,439 Pt.) to me.

#99054  by emd_SD_60

Of course this doesn't just apply to SD60's also... SD40's and GP38's had the same too. :wink:

#99087  by Stephen

Very good point.

#99111  by MikeF

It's not a commercially available font; it was a custom design. I don't remember for sure, but I think a heavy weight of Franklin Gothic comes close to the S, while the O's are close to a matching weight of Helvetica or Swiss 721.

The type is the same as that used in the "SOO LINE" lettering that appeared on many locomotives and freight cars, and in printed matter, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find a hard copy if that's what you're looking for.

#99821  by TerryC

Thanks. I just needed the font to use on my locomotives.

Keep Searching Keep Finding

#99884  by AmtrakFan

What was the old font for the black ones?

#99920  by MikeF

What black ones?

#99968  by AmtrakFan

MikeF wrote:What black ones?
The Black and White ones.

#100003  by MikeF

AmtrakFan wrote:The Black and White ones.
Do you have a picture? To my knowledge, Soo Line did not have a black and white paint scheme.