Railroad Forums 

• Following the Last Smurf (MEC 511)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1335747  by cvrr5809

Forgot to mention in here that 511 was the leader on this past Saturday's WANM. I'm guessing it's still on Waterville trains at this point, perhaps even WANM
 #1336306  by MEC407

Video by MaineRailFanner:

https://youtu.be/gKvxw6fffGc?t=34s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1336340  by doublestack

newpylong wrote:I don't know how anyone can enjoy video at those speeds...
It's Maine. You can video slow trains, count cars if you ever attend grade school or hitchhike into Bangor to see the traffic lights working, Ayuh.
 #1336398  by BM6569

We need a fast forward button to speed it up some! IMO, even watching the OCS in person is not the same when it bopping along at 10 MPH
 #1336422  by BostonUrbEx

BM6569 wrote:
We need a fast forward button to speed it up some! IMO, even watching the OCS in person is not the same when it bopping along at 10 MPH
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe the OCS operates at 5mph over the posted freight speeds when no passenger speed is posted.
 #1336428  by MEC407

That would be 15 MPH in 10 MPH territory, which puts you in harmonic rocking territory and would be pretty unpleasant for the passengers.
 #1336429  by KSmitty

MEC407 wrote:That would be 15 MPH in 10 MPH territory, which puts you in harmonic rocking territory and would be pretty unpleasant for the passengers.
Lol. You shoulda seen em try ~25 through Burnham Junction back in 2013. Talk about unpleasant.