Railroad Forums 

• Flying Scotsman

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#1372565  by philipmartin

Nice vvideo of the train coming at you, from the bridge. That large loco could use more train, though. Maybe next time.
Last edited by philipmartin on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1372571  by johnthefireman

Oops.

Flying Scotsman: Trespassers cause delays on East Coast Mainline

VIDEO UPDATE: Guard shouts at trespassers who halt Flying Scotsman and all East Coast trains

Morons.

And then, repeating a common journalistic error, this piece entitled The Flying Scotsman: 11 facts about the historic steam train proceeds to give 11 facts about the Flying Scotsman steam locomotive but nary a mention of the Flying Scotsman train.
 #1372956  by philipmartin

I just opened the Spring 2016 classic Trains Magazine, one of my favorite magazines, and there's a photo of the Flying Scotsman on page 7. It's part of "Friends of the 261" Emerald Isle Explorer advertisement. Googling "The Emerald Isle Explorer" I got this video, which doesn't show the "Flying Scotsman" but does have scenes of steam railroading in Ireland. It starts with a train crossing the picturesque Craigmoor (or Craigmore) Viaduct, Newry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcAOl8KzyGk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1374839  by johnthefireman

VIDEO: Crowds flock as Flying Scotsman steams through region on way to North York Moors Railway

Flying Scotsman: Watch crowds cheer as famous locomotive arrives on Teesside

I think it's interesting to see the amount of attention Flying Scotsman is getting not just from dedicated railway enthusiasts but from the general public at large. She seems to have touched a chord in the public imagination.
 #1384372  by Earle Baldwin

Mortons Media Group (publisher of The Railway Magazine) has released a bookazine about Flying Scotsman. I was able to pick up a copy at the Barnes & Noble in the Mommouth Mall. I recommend it to anyone interested in the locomotive.