Railroad Forums 

• Flourescent vests for Engineers

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#149459  by CSX Conductor

Not sure how many of you are aware of this, but MBCR engineers are now required to wear an orange vest while on duty, to identify them as a member of the train crew in the event of an emergency.

#149461  by StevieC48

Yea I noticed the T's Green Line makes them wear their safety vests too.
 #149462  by jg greenwood

CSX Conductor wrote:Not sure how many of you are aware of this, but MBCR engineers are now required to wear an orange vest while on duty, to identify them as a member of the train crew in the event of an emergency.
The CN recently adopted the same policy.

#149492  by mb41

Silver line waterfront wear them too. From what an inspector told me was it all started after the orange line accident a few montha ago when the signal repair guy was killed by the train.

#149543  by Robert Paniagua

Also, Red Line personnel (everyone) has them too, although I seldom see them wear them, except yard motorpersons and those in yards. But now that could change, especially with security measures.
 #1563867  by MBTA DMA

The bus operators from all garages (not just silver line waterfront) since Bernardin Etienne got killed in an accident in Charlestown Garage wear vest since late September last year.
 #1563964  by Commuterrail1050

I feel bad for those who got killed in the line of duty. God bless those who moves the commonwealth everyday! Not an easy job doing that plus having to put up with nut jobs out there making things worse from time to time.