Railroad Forums 

• FL9 484 nee NH 2029

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

#1542377  by Pensyfan19

While I was browsing rrpicturearchives.net, I noticed that the Florida East Coast rostered an FL9, specifically FEC 484. Originally Morristown and Erie 484, this engine was labeled FEC 484 in 2007, and was sent to R.P. Flynn Incorporated d/b/a Ohio Railway Supply. This engine still survives today as Orford Express 484. Does anyone know if this engine ran for FEC at all, or was its FEC markings for something else?
 #1542828  by NH2060

Oh I extremely doubt it ever turned a wheel under its own power while under FEC ownership. Sounds like they bought it, had it sent for refurbishment and then sold it again. Pictures of it still in Amtrak colors in 2007 show that it looked worse for the wear. Nice to see it back in operation again.
 #1543422  by Pensyfan19

Come to think of it, I think this FL9 might have the FEC reporting marks for traveling purposes only since it was going to Florida for some time, and I also recall an ex-Milwaukee EMD E9 (#36) being given Montana Rail Link markings when traveling on the Montana Rail Link in order to go to Deer Lodge, MT where it is a static display.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=1746464