Railroad Forums 

• Flames out of exhaust

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

#395246  by Scrap em Again

There is a video on Youtube that has some neat exhaust, and flames.
Last edited by Scrap em Again on Sat May 05, 2007 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#395251  by Paul

Uh, yeah, I know about that since I shot it and put it on Youtube!

#395271  by Scrap em Again

Hey, I had no idea that was you, I removed the link.

PS Dont get sarcastic!

#395401  by Paul

Hey, I got a kick out of you puting that up there. My kids had a good laugh too. Put it back up. Feel free.

#396521  by GN 599

I wish I had a camera or something to record the flames NS 85-something (C39-8) or other was blowing out Sunday morning. I think it was a result of some major turbo lag. It was 3rd out in our consist and first it was bellowing ink black smoke like an Alco. Then all the sudden it sounded like a jet taking off when that fuel air mix hit the atmosphere. It was by far the best I have seen in person. Real thick flame from the bottom of the stack, widening out at the top of a 6 to 8ft inferno. I was very impressed. :-D

#433537  by MEC407

On YouTube, there is a preview of the Pentrex video "Conrail Hot Spots West." Towards the end of the preview, there is some excellent footage of a flaming B40-8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NnJsjK5oLY

#512891  by MEC407

#524929  by NV290

Paul wrote: I'll have my thirteen year old son read this to see if he understands what I posted. If he does, then I can be assured it will make sence to anybody else here.
Excellent post. It's nice when pro's take the time to really explain in great detail a topic. Thank you!