Railroad Forums 

• Fitting A Locomotive Shell To An R/C Car?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1279549  by Death Star

Does anyone know where I could find a G scale locomotive shell? I have a Traxxas R/C truck I picked up at my LHS years ago and was never really into R/C as I was model railroading so it has been sitting unused in a box for many years. So I dug it out a few days ago and thought aybe instead of the truck shell that came with it, put a G scale locomotive shell on it instead. The truck is 1/10 scale and here is a picture of the frame/engine where the truck shell goes on.
http://collectortoys.net/wp-content/upl ... egn6w7.jpg
Would a Sash 9 fit on that? If not, what would? I am not as knowlegeable in G nor am I knowledgeable in R/C cars for that matter. I know more about HO/N scale.