Railroad Forums 

• First shot of 156 in new scheme

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#196035  by tushykushy

I KNEW our radio man would get the first shot of that.

Although emfinite and myself did take a trip to FP on Sunday afternoon only to find out the shops were locked and the engine was to be tucked away til the Santa train.

... but I called it, I knew Chris would get the first shot.

#196039  by badneighbor

Fort Knox was breached!!!!

#196043  by jayrmli

It looks to clean to operate.

Oh, wait a minute...it doesn't operate! :-D

Jay

#196051  by Mr GP10

Holy Spitballs!!!! That engine looks AWSOME!!!!!! I cant wait to see the SW-1001s, SW1200s, and the GP-38-2s like that. To bad the GP-10 wont see that paint scheme. sigh. :(

#196079  by 9C1LT1

That is one SHARP paint job!! Can't wait to see a 38 like that. I'm sure I will see the 156 trackside soon!

-Barry

#196087  by LIRRNOVA55

jayrmli wrote:It looks to clean to operate.

Oh, wait a minute...it doesn't operate! :-D

Jay
Now whats wrong with it.....?
 #196092  by eotd

N221UA wrote:Disclaimer: This shot is NOT taken by me...

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=127985

Looks pretty generic to me.. :(
generic? i thought it was pretty slick looking, and a smart way to maintain and revamp the green that NYA was already using. but then again, i never understood the big deal about engine schemes for railfans. :wink:
 #196112  by N221UA

eotd wrote:
N221UA wrote:Disclaimer: This shot is NOT taken by me...

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=127985

Looks pretty generic to me.. :(
generic? i thought it was pretty slick looking, and a smart way to maintain and revamp the green that NYA was already using. but then again, i never understood the big deal about engine schemes for railfans. :wink:
Well I guess it's just me that black and green somehow doesn't mix together. But nonetheless it's nice to see them in something different than the "70's greenish" look

Those letterings look cool though.

#196136  by Legio X

Nice....very nice. I hope that's good, durable paint. Maybe we'll eventually see NYA MP-15ac's in this new paint in HO scale. Athearn is adding the MP-15ac to it's high-end Genesis product line.

#196167  by Long Island 7285

Lets see the "wave" painted back on the Geep in thoes colors

Black white Green where red used to be, white then black, spell out NYA like on the 156 :-D

#196221  by badneighbor

Generic? what did you expect? Looks good from here, the whole fleet needs it, brighten them all up. the look seems a bit related to the 60's paint job on the Alco C-420s. Green and black instead of orange and black... with the words spelled out.

Here is a link... thanks to Arrts Arrchives, scroll down the scheme I mean is in the second and third picture down.

http://arrts-arrchives.com/foto3.html

#196279  by pgengler

156 was out on display for the Santa Train today. I snapped a few shots of it.

1, 2, and 3.
 #196358  by freightguy

That paint scheme looks familar to a LIRR scheme of the 1960's. Nice job on the 156 hopefully it will be roadwothy that one ran decent back in the day! If the NYAR sticks with tradition that will be the last engine painted in that scheme.

#196395  by John 61

It looks really nice. Hope they remember to put
the windshield wipers back on ! :P !