Railroad Forums 

• First "Pan Am" engine heading west 11/7

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#316726  by JacobBruce

Do you have any pics?

#316749  by kilroy

I like the smurf look better than the Guilford grey.
 #316775  by henry6

HOHUMM! Another blue unit with white letters....sure does the PANAM name proud...hope it makes them glad they sold the name to Guilford!

#316827  by superwarp1

Not B&M but better than before

#316887  by red baron

What a sad tribute to what was once America's premier airline. It looks nice, but looks more appropriate on a Clipper, such as a 747 or 727.
Juan Trippe is rolling in his grave........

#317135  by paulrail

OK!...."smurfs" it is!

It's not bad but the nose really needs a logo or something! I was hoping they would come out with a little "classier" scheme.

When I did a model of "what if"...I basically followed the curret big G style.
Gray bottom B&M blue top, instead of gray and a white stripe, where the orange is. I replaced the big "G" with the white Pan Am logo. For my taste, it's a lot "dressier" and sharper looking.

Take a look:

http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... y=PAULRAIL

Paul
 #317174  by henry6

It is just another reasons that locomotives are designated by "series" rather than by "class" today.

#317191  by eriemike

When are they going to attach the wings? :P

#317225  by octr202

eriemike wrote:When are they going to attach the wings? :P
I'm waiting for someone to photoshop a GP40 with the jet-pod that the NYC tried to attach to an RDC car on its roof.

#317295  by eriemike

I know this off topic, but that jet pod on the New York Central came from a B-52.

Guilford, oh, I mean Pan Am should consider using surplus B-52 jet engines. The only problem is that I don't think you can keep those things throttled at 10 mph for long :P

The paint scheme, though better than the black/gray and orange, it looks as if it were just slapped together. Simply no imagination. I liked paulrail's rendition.

#317343  by kilroy

I think Kilroy just named the new PanAm units SMURFS!
I'd love to take creidt but it wasn't me Otto, it was Dutch that named them smurfs.