Railroad Forums 

• Film Being Shot on Whippany Line

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#306553  by roachcoach1186

I just drove by the Turtle and Hughs Electrical building at the corner of Eden Lane and S. Jefferson road and there was a TON of filming equipment. Cameras, Lights ETC. I drove by at 9:40pm so the light from the equpiment was so bright, you could see it driving by on 287 North. There was at least one flatbed on the rails with a giant screen. But as far as engines being used, it was hard to tell because the light was so bright. Check it out for urself.

#306594  by Steve F45

maybe filming Soprano's?

#307005  by Shark

I was there sunday morning photographing the Metro North FL9 that the M&E has stored there. There was nothing going on while I was there, however when I was heading south on 287 around 8:30, I saw the lights.

#311902  by Rail Liner

I would not be supprised as M&E has been involved in many movies, but they have locos that are hard to find. They also have many old cars which make it easy to put an old consist together.

#311996  by EDM5970

The close proximity to NY helps as well. Commercials and parts of movies have been shot there for years. I fired the 148 for a Frigidaire refrigerator commercial in Whippany back in '73.