Railroad Forums 

• FED UP WITH RAILPICTURES.NET

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#278691  by Eric Kreszl

I have Contributed most of my railroad photos that i have taken personally to that website and They have REJECTED EVERY SINGLE PHOTO THAT I HAVE TAKEN. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( I'am Angry, Upset, And Very Frustrated. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I DON'T KNOW WHAT DO TO DO. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric

#278696  by Lirr168

Keep trying!! I am only like 1 for 40; just keep submitting and see that happens.

#278704  by Hudson Terminus

Just remember that your love for photography and/or trains doesn't revolve around what a website thinks of your photos. Certainly don't stop doing something that you like to do.

Try to learn what type of pictures that RP wants from the photos that are in their database, and from the rejection reasons they give you. This may help you get a picture accepted to their site.

It took me a while to get a picture up on their site too, but I realized, after taking many more pictures, that I wasn't taking very good ones. Trial-and-error, combined with feedback and rejection, made me a better photographer. Not for RP's sake and beneit, but for mine. You'll certainly be able to do the same. Stick with it!

#278705  by Diamond_D7

forget 'em! Take your pictures the way you want. There's also rrpicturearchives.net, plus a million different photo hosting sites where you can showcase your own view of the rails, not RP's view.

#278708  by Eric Kreszl

I've Tried RRpicture archives.net but they are being very selective so they have not yet allowed me to add my own photos.

#278727  by nick11a

You either take pictures their way, or you don't. I understand, I've been in your shoes. I've learned to figure out what they will accept and not. So, what I do is shots they would take I submit and shots I think they probably won't take, I don't submit.

#278741  by sullivan1985

Alternatives:

Flickr.com - Unlimited Photos, 20MB monthly upload bandwidth limit per month on a free account, 2GB upload limit of premium account.

deviantART.com - Unlimited storage, unlimited upload bandwidth. Many ads on a free account.

Railroad Picture Archives - Unlimited storage, unlimited upload bandwidth. Optimal for railroad photography.

Trust me, we've all had out trouble with Rail Pictures. They dont take ANYTHING I submit to them.

#278759  by Eric Kreszl

The thing with rrpicturearchives.com is that right now they are being very selective with activating new accounts in order to keep it a free site. As they put it. My website is great but right now I can't update it because it has something to do with my account as it is on a mac site and it has to do with my Iphoto on my macintosh computer.

#278789  by Steve F45

I had 1 pic accepted 2 weeks ago out of maybe 50 tries. I submitted this tonight and got rejected for bad cropping and to dark.

#278797  by 7 Train

RRPicturesArchives.net was never that picky on new accounts when I arrived there in 2005. But if your fed up, give it a try.

#278799  by NorfolkSouthernSean

The bad cropping excuse seems to be their favorite. The pictures that get accepted for the most part all seem to be the same shot over and over, but different trains and dates. Rockville Bridge is an excellent example. Same photo over and over and over, just different dates.

#278800  by Steve F45

bad cropping and poor lighting are the ones i always get. Yet tonight i find 1 of a train that is black, cause they metered off the sun setting. Great pic, but dont tell me mines to dark but his is perfect.

oh and common power!! since when is a tunnel motor common power?

#279152  by myfavscr

In order for RRpicture archives to remain a free site they try to avoid
giving membership to railfans who photograph in the same locations as
current members.
So if there were already 20 members on line who take pics at say
CP5 in Ridgefield Park, they wouldn't want 50 more of the same. The
idea is to submit a picture of an unfamiliar locale or something unusual.
Once you get in then you can upload anything you want.

#279160  by BlockLine_4111

This sounds like a foamers website. Is it?