Railroad Forums 

• Favorite GE locomotive?

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

#64515  by Joe

There is already a favorite GE locomotive topic, so post your favorites there...And I don't think I don't think your favorite locomotive can be fictional, Terry.

I will not post my favorite here as you can find that info on the other topic.
Last edited by Joe on Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#64579  by emd_SD_60

Joe wrote:...And I don't think I don't think your favorite locomotive can be fictional, Terry.
ROFLMAO! :-D You hit the nail right on the head Joe! :wink:

#64619  by MEC407

Fictional locomotives can be kinda fun to think about. Mine would be:

GE B18-9W (basically a U18B upgraded to Dash 9 technologies and a modern cab/carbody)

EMD GP15TM (basically a GP15T with modern electronics and a modern cab/carbody)

Would these locomotives be practical? No. Would anybody buy them? Probably not. But they're fun to imagine. And imagining can be good. Don't take yourselves so seriously, guys. :)

#64709  by GN 599

I am a fan of the U25B and C. I do like that shot of the MEC 407 :-D . Is that one still around?

#66398  by SSW9389

My favorite GE diesels were the U25B and the U33C. Saw both of these back in my early railfan days and they have left a lasting impression.

There aren't a lot of Uboats around these days, but the Trans Kentucky has a few over in Paris, KY that I get to see once and awhile. I just love that diesel stack talk when an old boat is accellerating.

#73606  by Joe

Terry edited his post and put in a link to something about U18Bs. I knew that BB40-9Ws existed.

#73621  by emd_SD_60

Those BB's have strange looking trucks... kinda like the trucks on regular freight cars! :-D

#88232  by MEC407

GN 599 wrote:I do like that shot of the MEC 407 :-D . Is that one still around?
It is somewhere in Montreal, along with the 404. Guilford sold it to a company called Rail Trust Equipment or something like that (reporting mark: RTEX) and it went to Montreal, where it has been sitting for a couple of years. Not sure what's going to happen to it.

#90111  by Southern Pacific

SP B39-8's and B40-8's

#90484  by Lehigh Valley Railroad

U28CG's