Railroad Forums 

• Faster Photo Uploading

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#353121  by UPRR engineer

Anyone know a host website thats faster then Photobucket at uploading pictures? When i do feel like taking the camera with me at work i shot 50 to 60 pictures, but when its tme to share them here im waiting a long time for Photobucket to do its part. Anyone know anywhere thats faster?

#354428  by MEC407

I use Photobucket and have always found it to be very fast. What kind of internet connection do you have? Some of the high-speed services such as cable and DSL limit how fast you can upload files.

#354461  by UPRR engineer

I have cable... humm didnt know that. Guess ill have to live with it.

#354466  by MEC407

Yeah, most of the big cable providers such as Comcast, Time Warner, et al, seriously limit the upload speed. They do this in order to prevent/deter customers from running servers out of their homes. For instance, my cable service with Earthlink gives me a 5,000 Kbps download speed, but only a 384 Kbps upload speed. (Still a heck of a lot faster than dialup, though.)

Most of them offer "business class" packages that you can upgrade to, with faster upload capability, but those packages do cost more than the regular residential packages.

When I have a lot of files to upload, sometimes I'll just go off and do something else... make some coffee, watch a DVD, whatever. :wink: