Railroad Forums 

• Fargo and floods

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#655486  by atsf sp

Are the BNSF freights that run through Fargo, being delayed or rerouted around Fargo. I know that the trains for the High line and ex-NP line to the west run trough this city and over the Red River. So is the line shut down, or at low capacity? And are any of the yards threatened by flooding?
 #656378  by Hawko

The BNSF terminal which serves the the Fargo area is Dilworth, MN. When I looked at train line ups for Dilworth on the computer on March 31st & April 1st traffic looked normal. It did not look like there were any rerouted trains. I talked to crews from Dilworth, and Superior, WI. It sounded like there were some rerouted trains going via of Grand Forks and Superior to the Twin Cities over the weekend on the 28th and 29th of March. There were probably some some rerouted trains going through South Dakota via Wilmar, during that same time period.
 #663740  by SooLineRob

Apparently, BNSF will be handling Canadian Pacific detour trains via Dilworth for awhile.

CP has trouble on their own mainline across North Dakota (impassable track), so expect to see these detours for an undetermined amount of time.